What was the last CD you bought

The master tapes for the 50 or so BYG Actuel albums did NOT go missing, and the Sun Ra is NOT a needle drop.

1 Like

Noted ! Past reissues covering this label have had for decades had a very chequered history so if what you say is the case, that is very good news.

Had to get this pre-owned (from Momox, via Amazon).

I have a couple of JJ Cale LPs but this is the best of (my ) bunch

13 Likes

That cover always reminds me of those filthy French cigarettes we thought it cool to smoke back in the 70s. Gitanes?

4 Likes

Filthy? A beautiful smoke, Gitanes. My favourite meal in my twenties, a double Cognac and a Gitane :laughing:

5 Likes

Those are the ones

ordered

1 Like

You boys are way too upmarket for me. Back in Glasgow, I was always more of a rough and ready Gauloises Disque Bleu sort of guy myself.

Cool as, but they did pong, rather. :smoking:

5 Likes

Sorry for the thread drift. Those were on the menu also. Fine unless you let them burn down to the filter, then they smelt like a burning Tampax. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Talking the Groove came with a Jazz in Britain book by the Morning Star Jazz Correspondent - didn’t realise the rag still existed let alone had a Jazz critic! Fabulous line up - wait and see on SQ.

The accompanying book of essays is really worth reading, great stuff!

1 Like

Porcupine Tree Stars Die

4 Likes

Picked these up today 5 for £1. The Norah Jones is on the Blue Note label not sure how it will compare to my other CD version of this album.

6 Likes

That’s a great album. Classic JJ Cale at his best.

1 Like

Steve Winwood - nine lives
Also listening to it at the moment.
Purchase from my local used CD shop.

11 Likes

Blimey, where are you shopping?

That Mercury target disc you have is better than the later emasters but if you are looking for the best sounding then it is the MFSL gold disc.

1 Like

Filling some gaps in my collection…

9 Likes

Anna Calvi - Peaky Blinders Season 5 & 6. Love the original soundtrack album and also PB so this purchase was a no-brainer

Sobell warehouse l, Witney!