What was the last CD you bought

The Messenger is new 2023, Fragments of the Sun was 2020 and The Edge of Time was 2019, Mike @Mike_S

1 Like

Thanks, a bit of catching up to do :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sorry @Mike_S just catching up. Fragments of the Sun and The Edge of Time are largely compilations and reworkings of older material but none the less very good.

2 Likes

Experimental, neo-psychedelic, indie rock

4 Likes

More added to my Beth Hart collection, this time it’s Live from New York, Front and Center (or v-v). DVD comes with. Originally released 2018.

6 Likes

A quintet of Record Store Day 2024 releases: two Cannonball Adderleys, a Yusuf Lateef, a Chet Baker/Jack Sheldon and Steve Lacy & Mal Waldron.

8 Likes

Excellent music @adeypoos :+1:

1 Like

I fear that April 21 is going to be an expensive day (again) !

2 Likes

More charity shop find, don’t see this on Spotify, we didn’t have tunes like this when my parents dragged me to church…dude in the shop said he remembered putting it out and wondering “who’d buy this?”

5 Likes

4 Likes

Whilst shopping this morning I realised that dearly beloved has a hospital appointment tomorrow and thst we will be held to ransom by a car park with a machine that only accepts coins. Only having a £10 note I looked in a charity shop and got this for 49p. I don’t have to feel guilty, their broadband was down so it was cash only.
I cautiously explained later in the day as there is a bar on new CDs in the house. I was told it was the best excuse, even better when I played it and got the thumbs up.

9 Likes

Beautifully-packaged new CD from the Finnish pianist and the Lithuanian saxophonist…

5 Likes

I just had an CD single of Chris: Blue hotel, that always left you hunkering for more.
And now, 30+years later, I do have 2 albums (secondhand, careful lady owners) handpicked after reading up what folk liked. Still enjoy it but not in the same way as in 1991!

3 Likes

s-l400

5 Likes

Mark Knopfler

One Deep River - Deluxe Editon

Edward

11 Likes

Nicola Conte
The Modern Sound Of Nicola Conte
Versions In Jazz-Dub / 2009 Schema / Italy 2 x CD / SCCD449

1-1 Mark Murphy Stolen Moments (Midnight Mood Rework)
1-2 Thunderball Elevated States
1-3 Akiko Mood Indigo
1-4 Fertile Ground Yellow Daisies
1-5 [re:jazz] Quiet Nights (Out Of The Cool Version)
1-6 Nicola Conte Jazz Combo When I Wish Upon A Star
1-7 Bitter:Sweet Heaven (West Coast Vibes Remix)
1-8 Nicola Conte Jazz Combo (Feat. Jose James) All Or Nothing At All
1-9 Nicola Conte Jazz Combo New Blues
1-10 Maki Mannami Lotus Sun
1-11 The Dining Rooms Flamenco Sketches (New Rhumba Version)
1-12 Nicola Conte Charade
1-13 Nicola Conte Jazz Combo Castles In The Rain

2-1 Till Brönner Sò Danço Samba (Nicola Conte Rework)
2-2 Sabrina Malheiros Terra De Ninguem
2-3 Nicola Conte Jazz Combo Solo
2-4 Marco Di Marco Take Off (Campi’s Idea Version)
2-5 The Five Corners Quintet 3 Corners (For Friends And Relatives Version)
2-6 Roberto Roena Take Five (Nicola Conte Remix)
2-7 Bobby Hughes Combination Kerma Elastica (Nicola Conte Remix)
2-8 Povo You Are
2-9 Luisito Quintero Our Love
2-10 Nicola Conte Jazz Combo Groovy Samba.
2-11 Sunaga T Experience No Reason No Rhyme (Mode For Tatsuo)
2-12 Sunaga T Experience A Healing Blue (Shape Of Jazz To Come Version)
2-13 Nicola Conte Jazz Combo Black Is The Graceful Veil (Acoustic Version)

3 Likes

KC have always been a favourite of mine - but I have generally steered clear of purchasing the numerous live recordings they have issued over the years (except for Live in Toronto) as there is just too much overlap. This one escaped my notice full stop - but having heard it I had to purchase it. It’s all from the Discipline/Beat/ToaPP era but it takes the studio recordings to a whole new level in terms of intensity. Musicianship is off the scale and the SQ is wonderful for a 1984 recording - this is the 2018 issue.

6 Likes

Old 97s - American Primitive

J.S. Ondara - Folk n’ Roll Vol. 1: Tales Of Isolation

I have Ondara’s first album, which I really like. For some reason never checked for other albums until recently. Looking forward to listening to it later today.

5 Likes

This dropped through my letterbox earlier today. It’s the only Zappa album i have on CD, the rest is vinyl. I don’t know why or how i managed to miss this one years ago, but i’m very glad i have it now. What a great album :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Something I first heard a few years ago… Jean Michelle Jarre doing a virtual live concert from Notre Dame. Sounds wonderful…

5 Likes