What was the last CD you bought

What I heard was that GH wanted it to be their main gig, and JB saw it as a side line… GH has been looking for a vehicle for himself since he left Deep Purple and has never settled. JB of course doesn’t need that… anyway… here we are. I’ve loved all the BCC albums so far. We’ll see what this is like.

1 Like

His vocal on the track ‘I was made to Love her’ from the Stevie Salas album ‘Stevie Salas Presents: The Electric Pow Wow, is quite something.

Delighted to find SACD this in Oxfam - and about 90% off compared to the current new price!

Three Building a Library recommendations are unlikely to be wrong.

Mark

13 Likes

Barr-gin !

3 Likes

IMG_0275

Albeit a digital download…. Oops.

ATB, J

4 Likes

I finally went for the Neu! CD after the price dropped below £9, having had it in and out of my Amazon lists.

Continuing with the European theme,
the 10-CD boxset…

6 Likes

The Chick Corea Elektric Band - Beneath the mask

7 Likes

José Roberto Bertrami Things Are Different / 2001 Far Out / UK CD / FARO053CD

4 Likes

Freddie Hubbard Goin’ Up / Japan SHM CD

14 Likes

Wow. I bought that on vinyl in 1991 or 1992. Quite a rarity according to Discogs.

1 Like

Enjoy it but keep it safe! I haven’t fully listened to this album, but it seems pretty nice so far.

I heard it once described as “lift (elevator) music”, which was a trifle unkind :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Well “just a triffle” indeed lol. Surely the last interpretation of these tracks is more refined (see the album below), nevertheless it’s an interesting album.

6 Likes

A key-tar is never a good sign, lol.

A keytar is always a good sign.

Donald Fagen:

Damon Albarn:

Lady Gaga:

I could go on… but I won’t.

Mark

3 Likes

These arrived today, courtesy of the family. Yes it’s one of “those” days that come round “annually”……

With this one running late.

10 Likes

I thought I would lively up myself a bit …

3 Trojan 3-CD Box Sets, all second hand from World of Books (all images from them). I don’t know if they will all float my boat, but with WoB’s 30% off 3 titles it was not prohibitively pricy

9 Likes

:jamaica: :+1:

1 Like

Local charity shop find today. £1 for all five CDs. Never listened to Green Day before so looking forward to seeing if I like the music.

5 Likes