What was the last CD you bought

double package from burning shed
steve

11 Likes

I think I bought “Mainstream” soon after it came out. So, about 49 years ago :grimacing:

1 Like

The Rolling-StonesExile On Main St
Polydor‎– 273 429-5
Deluxe Edition, Reissue, Remastered with bonus CD
Released: 17 May 2010

Been listening to the Stones all day and just listened to Exile On Main St, 1994 Virgin remaster which I really like and have had for some time.

Decided to purchase a mint copy of above Deluxe Edition with the bonus CD. Remastered by Stephen Marcussen and Stewart Whitmore

16 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
Polydor– UICY-78937K
SHM-CD Japan
Released: 21 Nov 2019

To add to my 1994 Virgin remaster.

13 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup
Polydor 0602567906117
SHM-CD Reissue Japan
Released: 7 Jul 2023

New album to my Stones collection.

18 Likes

The Rolling Stones Blue & Lonesome
Polydor 571 494-6
Box Set, Deluxe Edition
Released: Dec 2016

16 Likes

On their way to me. Needed to add more Art Pepper titles.

12 Likes

Another Beatles 1988 Japanese export box, this time covering Help!, Rubber Soul and Revolver and including a copy of The Beatles Book and a Ringo drumkit enamel badge. No. 1505 of 3000.

9 Likes

Ooh, very nice!
Still a few of their earlier studio albums missing from my collection. I’ll resolve at some point.
Lovely addition :+1:

2 Likes

From 2000, the definitive, deluxe edition of this historic meeting between jazz’s two biggest giants. The second CD is all previously unreleased material.

8 Likes

Ordered last night and just delivered

Not sure which one to listen to first

8 Likes

I’ve had this on vinyl since the 1970s. This 2003 CD reissue has extra tracks. Easily my favourite JA album: it was much more Marty Balin’s band, rather than the later Kantner/Slick axis. Only Jack Casady and Jorma Kaukonen are still with us

6 Likes

Trawling the charity shops on a break in the north West, don’t know about Abbado and Tchaikovsky but I can’t wait to play the Bernstein. Why don’t cars have CD players any more!?! :grin:

6 Likes

I realised a while back my Chopin collection was severely lacking.

17 CD box set - Deutsche Grammophon - 2009 - 2894778445

Celebration of Chopin’s 200th anniversary, collection of very best recordings from their catalog.

5 Likes

Thoroughly enjoying this new boxed set from Jethro Tull with the Steven Wilson remix of their live album Bursting Out.

Jethro Tull: Bursting Out (Steven Wilson Remix)

11 Likes

Yety another 1988 Beatles Japanese export box set, this time The Final Years, devoted to Abbey Road, Let It Be and a rather out-of-sequence MMT. Comes with a copy of Geoffrey Guiliano’s book The Beatles: A Celebration plus a Zebra crossing enamel badge. No. 0091 of 2,000.

8 Likes

From Discogs…

5 Likes

Had another listen to this one today, volume up a bit - really good !
The recording could show up quite a few HiRes ones?!

Walt Fowler (t) (flug)
Larry Goldings (key) (acc)
Jimmy Johnson (b)
Michael Landau (g)
Steve Gadd (d)

10 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes