What was the last CD you bought

Another great CD in the series!

8 Likes

Filling out my Eric Clapton collection. I think once these arrive I’ve got his best work.

Never saw myself as an EC fan but now I understand more about him and his music. Love his more Blues style works.

10 Likes

Came in yesterday’s mail.

Isobel Campbell – Bow To Love

St Vincent - All Born Screaming

Petty Country: A Country Music Celebration Of Tom Petty

8 Likes

Still no Tom Petty in my collection :see_no_evil:

Don’t know the other artist :thinking:

Don’t worry until about 6 weeks ago I didn’t have any Tom Petty either, now I have a couple of LP’s and want a few more.

4 Likes

Start at the beginning with Tom Petty. I bought his first album with the Heartbreakers in 1977,iirc, then Damn the Torpedoes a few years later. The only other TP album is the live lp " Pack up the Plantation ".

Can’t say much about his later work, but nothing I have heard has prompted me to part with my cash.

2 Likes

Cheers @BigAl :+1:

I find it amazing and fortunate that all these artists are there to buy and listen to. I buy more material from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s than new stuff :joy:

Life is good.

3 Likes

This is where the streaming platforms are so valuable. I have had Spotify for years now, and it has introduced me to artists I have/had never heard of.

I would recommend his solo album “Full Moon Fever”. Brilliant imho.

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Last of the 1988 EMI Japan export Beatles boxes – contains the two Past Masters compilations, plus Dezo Hoffman’s With The Beatles book and a die-cast yellow sub. No. 0316 of 2,000.

13 Likes

15 Likes

Check out Wildflowers. My favourite Tom Petty album.

5 Likes

Arrived today

13 Likes

Lee Ritenour, Dave Grusin - Brasil

3 Likes

14 Likes

naim True Stereo CD / 2004 naim / Austria CD / naimcd080

6 Likes

A few cheapies from the auction site.

6 Likes

Some of the most important recordings of the 20th century, collected together on two CDs in a “fatboy” case…

18 Likes

My local dealer is starting to concentrate on used CD’s. Going through the racks like in the old days, I came across this disc by Hiromi. After a quick look at the reviews, with my telephone, I decided to give it a try.

Great disc called Spectrum by this powerful pianist.

OIP

5 Likes