What was the last CD you bought

I streamed that earlier this week.

As for purchases, a poster on another forum reminded me how much I enjoyed Henryk Szeryng’s set of the Bach Sonatas and Partitas for solo violin when I owned it on vinyl. So I looked around and found a bargain price for this SHM CD.

5 Likes

Inspired by seeing the 50th Anniversary DSOTM Planetarium show and Leicester Space Centre…

Which was… quite good… Maybe a bit to ‘spacey’ and not enough Floyd’y…? Sound was OK, but more oomph would have been good…

6 Likes

A lovely Japanese CD from the great Mr Paich:

5 Likes

5 Likes

Got the concord vinyl of that. It’s incredible.

1 Like

I picked up a number of classical cd’s in a store clearance the other day, including two with Mozart piano concertos by Bezuidenhout on fortepiano together with the Freiburger Barockorchester. I rather liked them so I also decided to purchase this one online and it was delivered today.

3 Likes

(A rerun of post that disappeared)

Spending the 70th b’day pressie from my Bro.

(At times I hate iOS…….)

7 Likes

14 Likes

7 Likes

Lovely 20th. century English music. I couldn’t see this one on Qobuz either. Charity shop today.

5 Likes

Re: Cool Struttin’ - I have the Audio Wave. Sounds great.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Alfred Lion’s wife’s feet.

Now there’s a useless piece of information.

2 Likes

Momentarily entertaining though.

1 Like

She’s also on the cover of The Three Sounds’ ‘Moods’.

2 Likes

All This Time- Sting (sacd).
Aja-Steely Dan (sacd).

Would that be Lorraine Gordon? Really interesting character - she also owned the famous Village Vanguard in NYC but I don’t think she was married to Alfred very long?

2 Likes

No, it was the second Mrs Lion, Ruth.

1 Like

Pretty sure I spoke to Lorraine Gordon once - phoning up the Village Vanguard to check who was on that night and an elderly lady answered. If I remember correctly it was a Cecil Payne Quartet with Richard Wyands (sadly I passed on it). Lorraine gave it quite a hard sell.

1 Like

Prefer the early non-RVG version on cd over the Qobuz RVG stream tbh.

1 Like