What was the last CD you bought

Viva Poundland!

Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf.

Fun Lovin’ Criminals - Loco.

Marvellous, innit.

2 Likes

We’re only able to by from Amazon Aus, before they set here we could log in anywhere. After Brexit you may be restricted to the UK only (sorry Richard).

1 Like

Just arrived direct from Pure Records label, which I believe is owned and run by the Rusby family. This lasses music never fails to please. Looking forward to seeing her in December. Oh, and yes, I actually paid full price for a cd for once!! :astonished:

3 Likes

Three CDs’ worth of easy classics. A fiver from Sainsbury’s.

8 Likes

After only finding one CD at Poundland on Tuesday, I visited again today and the shelves had been restocked and I came away with 15 goodies.

11 Likes

Wow, in Colchester this morning…nothing like that

1 Like

You need to move!!

3 Likes

I started ‘downloads’ and have given up ‘streaming’.

I have a UnitiCore in my ‘shed’ and as the original £50 HMV man, for which you were lucky to get 4 CDs, I can now get 10…

The Core literally scrapes t

Sorry thimb error.

Scrapes the data off…as a container of data…CDs are better value than they have ever been.

IMHO.

1 Like

I need migrate :scream:

1 Like

I wouldn’t! If I were you, much nicer where you are, even without a Poundland

1 Like

The Beth Orton and Carol King albums are excellent :+1:

2 Likes

That’s the third Beth Orion I have from Poundland, it’s amazing how many great albums there are. I had stopped buying albums completely and swapped to Tidal coupled with streaming the albums I had. Now that I can purchase albums so cheaply I am buying again, and the hunt for them is part of the fun, great days :smiley:

4 Likes

Beth’s a big fav of mine, Central Reservation is an excellent as well. I only stream my own CDs, prefer to own my music. Guess it’s an old school thing.

2 Likes

The new live album of Sons of Appolo

1 Like

…arrived in todays mail.

Over The Rhine - The Long Surrender

4 Likes

Thanks to a tip off from @TiberioMagadino, The Kinks.

5 Likes

Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I’ve Got The Blues. A total gap in my collection and experience, but after hearing him interviewed by Marc Moran on his podcast I thought I’d get a couple of albums, starting with this one…

10 Likes

Electric Light Orchestra - The Classic Albums Collection. 11cd box set, should keep me busy ripping when it arrives tomorrow. Bought from the river for £26, it was £42 on Friday!

8 Likes

Thanks John, ordered as well, that’s a real bargain.

2 Likes