What was the last CD you bought

This weeks selection, various sources

7 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Oh thanks, I was privileged to see him in London with the Beaux Arts Trio at multiple concerts over three decades, they and he were never less than inspiring, I’ve ordered this. He’s one of the greatest ensemble musicians I’ve ever seen (heard), his technique is formidable, but he isn’t looking to be the star, he’s just doing the right thing for the music and the band, up front when the music demands it, supporting the strings when they’re leading.

2 Likes

Today’s 10 for 10 from Poundland

10 Likes

Imelda May, Life. Love. Flesh. Blood.

7 Likes

Chick Corea Trio - Trilogy 2 - 2019 Concord / EU CD x 2 / CJA 00183

£11 in HMV for a Double CD of this high quality? Every time!

4 Likes

Today at the charity shop. Even better pleased when I found out they have a new manager who vets everything before it gets shelved as he is a collector.

5 Likes

Recent arrivals…

Sara K. - Don’t I Know You From Somewhere? - Solo Live

Sara K. (vocals, 4 string guitar)

Sara K. & Chris Jones - Are We There Yet? - Live in Concert

Sara K. (vocals, 4 string guitar) & Chris Jones (Lowden guitar, Manzanita dobro).

Paul Motian - The Windmills of Your Mind

Paul Motian (drums), Bill Frisell (guitar), Thomas Morgan (bass) and Petra Haden (voice).

Benmont Tench - You Should Be So Lucky

Benmont Tench (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano), Ryan Adams (Acoustic Guitar, Vocal Harmony), Daphne Chen (Violin), Lauren Chipman (Viola), Richard Dodd (Cello), Eric Gorfain (Violin), Joel Jerome (Vocal Harmony), Ethan Johns (Drums, 12 String Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric, Guitar, Leslie Guitar, Shaker, Slide Guitar, Tiple, Vocal Harmony), Blake Mills (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Tiple), Tom Petty (Bass), David Rawlings (Acoustic Guitar, Vocal Harmony), Jeremy Stacey (Drums, Percussion), Ringo Starr (Tamborine), Don Was (Bass, Upright Bass), Gillian Welch (Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Vocal Harmony) and The Section Quartet (Strings).

4 Likes

Metallica Metallica, charity shop for a pound :slight_smile:

5 Likes

…recently arrived

Jan Garbarek and The Hilliard Ensemble - Remember me, my dear

Jan Garbarek (Soprano Saxophone) and The Hilliard Ensemble: David James (Countertenor), Rogers Covey-Crump (Tenor), Steven Harrold (Tenor) and Gordon Jones (Baritone).

Bill Frisell - Harmony

Bill Frisell (guitar), Petra Haden (voice), Hank Roberts (cello and voice) and Luke Bergman (acoustic guitar, baritone guitar, bass and voice).

3 Likes

Skipinnish

Steer By The Stars

The Seventh Wave

Western Ocean

Edward

4 Likes

Cry by Cigarettes After Sex. Very relaxing. Well produced.

5 Likes

an old album from supertramp but still very good

2 Likes

Disappointing…
Poundland had obviously been reshelved, nothing caught my eye. Five full boxes above and I saw this

Pull it out and find this

OK, either would be acceptable.
At home I find this

Very little information on the web.
Then halfway through ripping it gets ejected with an error message ending in …clean disc and try again. Not a blemish found! The little mark at 7 o’clock is a reflection of my phone.

Seventh Tree is great. Really well recorded & produced. Standard Goldfrapp.

2 Likes

Tangerine Dream - White Eagle (1995 definitive edition remaster), won at the auction site. I went to play this album last week and realised that I no longer had it?! Situation corrected, the album should be here in a couple of days.

3 Likes