What was the last CD you bought

Just discovered Tom McRae through a random charity shop purchase. Haunting lo fi production and a quality album…!!!

1 Like

Dr John - Original Album Series

4 Likes

Another one of Demon’s excellent Crimson Gold triple CDs, just a fiver from Sainsbury’s.

2 Likes

Peter Gabriel - Shaking the Tree - 16 Golden Greats - on CD

Apart from Solsbury Hill on 7’’ 45rpm vinyl, the opening track on the CD, I haven’t any other content from PG - I don’t like early Genesis (ritual flogging by some Forum members awaits…!).

Paid 75p at local charity shop in order to find out if he’s worth exploring more!

7 Likes

Shirley Bassey - Get The Party Started - from 2007 released around the time of her 70th birthday

Shurl does some eclectic mixes of covers and some of her well-known songs.

Only 75p from a local charity shop.

3 Likes

Beth Hart - War in my Mind

10 Likes

yesterday’s late delivery…

Fink - Bloom Innocent

Neil Young Crazy Horse - Colorado

Sara K. Play On Words

Sara K. (Guitar, Vocals), Jay Anderson (Bass), Gary Burke (Drums), Larry Campbell (Slide Guitar), Sal Cappi| (Vocals), Joel Diamond (Piano, Vocals), Bruce Dunlap (Guitar, Nylon String Guitar), David Finck (Bass), Erik Friedlander Cello), John Goldsby (Bass), Jamey Haddad Percussion), |Juliet Haffner (Viola), Steve Kaiser (Vocals), Bill Mobley (Trumpet), George Naha (Guitar, Vocals), Lew Soloff (Trumpet).

Jan Garbarek - Rites

Jan Garbarek (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Samplers, Percussion), Rainer Brüninghaus (Keyboard, Piano), Eberhard Weber (Bass), Marilyn Mazur (Percussion, Drums) and Bugge Wesseltoft (Synthesizer/Electronic Effects).

3 Likes

Theres a standard and deluxe version. Both have 10 tracks so I dont understand the difference. Theres a £3 difference in price. Confused. :joy:

4 Likes

Steve Roach - Trance Archeology | bandcamp FLAC & MP3 320

The blurb on the River’s website suggests it’s the packaging?

‘The Deluxe CD includes a sculpted emboss cover of the latest evolution of the iconic Jeff Lynne’s ELO spaceship.’

Un-be-lievable. :joy::joy::joy:

Milk those suckers Jeff!

Could it include the (additional) track listing, presentation book too? Not very clear from the detailings.

@Svetty - FYI

There seems to be a difference in the booklet.
The one you show is open at the centre page (staple showing) but in the standard version the text and graphic shown in your pic is on pages 3/4 not the centre.
The standard booklet has 14 pages (not including front and back covers).
The standard booklet has lyrics for all tracks plus credits and other bits.
Usually, deluxe versions have extra tracks … not in this case.

A late birthday present, from my business partner. I was at this gig, so am really looking forward to diving in!

4 Likes

The Police - Every Move You Make The Studio Recordings
Preordered this 6 CD set, the 5 studio albums plus bonus disc, bargain at 20 squid over at the river.

5 Likes

When you say “river” do you mean the one Central America? I just went looking online for that CD collection and can’t find it anywhere. It appears it’s not available to us in Aus :roll_eyes:.

Yep, it’s just turned up as a pre-order on the U.K. Central American river site. It might pop up with you in a few days depending on where they’re releasing it.

1 Like

I will get the japanese version!

Unwisely I went into HMV Manchester today after a boozy lunch… Not sure which of these was the last one I bought, but I hope you all agree my beer goggles were on form…:joy::joy:

9 Likes