What was the last CD you bought

… arrived this afternoon

Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars Songs From The Film

Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U. S. A.

Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel Of Love

Bruce Springsteen - on Broadway

Jan Garbarek, Anouar Brahem and Ustad Shaukat Hussain - Madar

Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Anouar Brahem (Oud) and Ustad Shaukat Hussain (Tabla).

6 Likes

Gomez - Abandoned Shopping Trolley Hotline.

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me.

Tito Puente - Ten Timbale Greats.

More Poundland joy.

8 Likes

A bit late to the party with this one. On first listening it’s a bit of a curate’s egg. Slightly too polished for my taste if I’m honest and also sounds rather compressed to me…

3 Likes

51tM7Dn926L
Mercury Rev - The Light In You
A non-auction S/H purchase from the Bay.

5 Likes

4 Likes

I have the original MCA release of this, (though it is a reissue copy from the last 10 years, and I am not sure when I purchased it), and the 2014 French remaster ‘Vinyl Replica’ CD. The 2014 version has more detail, is considerably louder and in your face than the original, but a bit ‘Hi-Fi’ with some harshness. As a frequent spinner on the CDX2.2 I thought I would invest in the 2016 Japan SHM CD release as I had bought their ‘Rhapsody and Blues’ SHM earlier this year which sounded great. This new disc is quieter than the French remaster (needing more volume) but much more enjoyable to listen to. As I have said before, for me the great music here goes way beyond the very popular title track.

8 Likes

Filling in some of the final gaps from my student / post student vinyl days! Soft Machine were, for me, one of those ‘marmite’ bands. The mood had to be right, but they were one of the trail blazers in terms of rock/jazz/prog/psychedelia fusion. I was never completely convinced by the Canterbury scene (Gong never did ‘do it’ for me), but SM defintely had something!

10 Likes

Bought from the merch stall at The Delines gig in Union Chapel, Islington last night

2 Likes

After a very long hiatus of not buying anything:

notesfromny

41A2QXAWRHL

3 Likes

Gene Clark - No Other 2019 Abbey Road Remaster.

3 Likes

The Police - Every Move You Make The Studio Recordings, Pre-Order.
All 5 studio albums and 1 bonus album, remastered at Abbey Road Studios.

3 Likes

…sitting in the mail box on my arrival home this evening

Oded Tzur - Translator’s Note

Oded Tzur (tenor saxophone), Shai Maestro (piano), Petros Klampanis (bass) and Ziv Ravitz (drums).

Shai Maestro - The Dream Thief

Shai Maestro (Piano), Jorge Roeder (Double Bass) and Ofri Nehemya (Drums).

3 Likes

Finally I was able to get my hands on Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds new album, looking forward to playing later today.

3 Likes

The final pieces of the Soft Machine jigsaw! Ripping as I type, looking forward to renewing my acquaintance with these later albums.

10 Likes

Is the sound/mastering any good Jim?

The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely

@TheKevster’s glowing comments about their new album has me digging deeper into their older stuff.

9 Likes

I bought the Japanese ones:)

1 Like

Just two from Poundland this week, as three of the shelves were full of unheard of Christmas albums.

1 Like

Marillion

Marillion With Friends from the Orchestra

Bought at last night’s concert in Glasgow.

Edward

1 Like

Love their first two albums!!!

1 Like