What was the last CD you bought

Hammock - Silencia

1 Like

4 Likes

Hildur Guðnadóttir - Saman

4 Likes

A great film. Did you know that the swordsmith in the village scene is Kuniie Yoshihara. A Mukansa swordsmith in his own right and elder brother of Yoshindo.

1 Like

No I didn’t know about the swordsmith - a Google search is in order!

I watched the movie last week, and there are very few movies that move me or suck me in emotionally the way this one does.

Listed in IMDB as Shoji Yoshihara. Thats his real name, Kuniie is his swordsmith name, a homage to his grandfather.
Edit … younger brother to Yoshindo.

1 Like

This is so good

2 Likes

…arrived in the mail

Susanne Abbuehl - The Gift

Susanne Abbuehl (Voice), Matthieu Michel (Flugelhorn), Wolfert Brederode (Piano, Indian Harmonium) and Olavi Louhivuori (Drums, Percussion).

1 Like

Excellent isn’t it.

It really is good. An absolute gem.

1 Like

Graham Central Station 5 album box set.

It’s very hit and miss actually but great fun if you’re in just the right mood.

Bought at the same time as Quincy Jones: The Dude. Fantastically groovy.

2 Likes

John Coltrane’s Both Directions At Once. Just £2.99 on the River for the two-CD Deluxe edition.

Thanks to Stu (or Munch, as he used to be known) for the heads up on a great price.

4 Likes

…found on the doorstep this morning

Van Morrison - Three Chords & the Truth

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @TheKevster, ordered! Sounds intriguing. .

1 Like

Moyo and Tokyo Live are on order, just waiting for them to arrive.

…just arrived this afternoon …

Anouar Brahem - Khomsa

Anouar Brahem (Oud), Richard Galliano (Accordion), François Couturier (Piano, Synthesizer), Jean Marc Larché (Soprano Saxophone), Bechir Selmi (Violin), Palle Danielsson (Double-Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

3 Likes

Jack with a real band. It’s all good.

Obviously, The White Stripes stuff is also good, but really limited by Meg’s primitive drumming, in my view. I really like Jack’s acoustic album, too.

1 Like

Beach Boys - Surfs Up.

Surfer dudes turned eco warriors before eco warriors were invented. Harmonies and melodies still great!

9 Likes

Arrived today. Listened to disc 1 so far and it’s a great cd. Bargain at that price. Cheers for the heads up!

1 Like

Dukes of Stratosphere for the 4th time and Space Oddity for the umpteenth time :grinning:

6 Likes