What was the last CD you bought

Really good album, deluxe worth the extra £ or ££

4 Likes

This weeks Cd’s from Poundland, the shelves are still stocked with Christmas albums, so slim pickings.

3 Likes

Slim, but worth having. This weekend there was a new box, every one Little Mix.

2 Likes

Japanese SHM-CDs, I pay some extra for some extra albums:)

7 Likes

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71nLPN27l0L.SL1200.jpg

image https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51G%2BLymVxAL.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71C6KKw%2BmrL.SL1200.jpg

2 Likes

Yesterday’s 17 from Poundland, new stock back on the shelves and 23 new stock boxes above the shelves.

8 Likes

Today’s purchases from the Orange supermarket, 3 for £20 and a full priced The Who CD.

2 Likes

Zilch today, all the boxes are gone, as have two shelves to be replaced by DVDs. I reality I still have some previous purchases to listen to.

1 Like

Arrived today from burningshed. One of my favourite album from Jethro Tull, largely underrated IMHO

9 Likes

Van Morrison-
Three chords and the truth
I’m hoping it will be my last cd purchased, It really was a swap as I found a still wrapped cd that I also had on LP, so went back to B&N and made a trade. In the next few days, my ndx2 arrives and that should stop cd purchases.

1 Like

…good luck with that after I started streaming my CD purchases increased since I was listening to a lot of albums via TIDAL that I had not played previously and needed a hard copy for my NAS. No CD player but do find I enjoy having a local catalogue at home of all my favorites. Old man with old habits I guess…

3 Likes

Streaming is great especially for the discovery of new music. However, the streaming providers don’t have everything eg. the early half of Kate Rusby’s catalogue. Songs from my playlists regularly go missing (greyed out and no longer selectable).

So keep your CD player, I am sure you’re not finished buying cd’s just yet, and congratulations on the NDX2.

That’s what I thought. That I would stop buying cd’s😄. When you get your NDX2 compare the streamed version of Van to the cd version and you may like a few others find that your purchase of cd’s increases.
Especially if you buy second hand cd’s and rip them to a nas drive.
Downloads can be very good. When I downloaded the latest Beth Hart album in hi res I couldn’t believe how much better it sounded compared to streaming on Tidal.

1 Like

CD still sound better into my ND5XS than my ND5XS fed by Tidal HIFI. You should compare before taking a decision to end CD.

King Crimson’d 50th Anniversary 3 CD and Blue Ray that should rip nicely on the old PS3 for the hi-res files.

10 Likes

Ooh that looks interesting. Who was responsible for the remasters? Was it still Robert Fripp?

It was Steve Wilson @Clive so I’ve got my fingers crossed he doesn’t make a Horlicks of it like Red.

1 Like

That’s what I feared. I didn’t enjoy the mess he made of the Yes albums.

1 Like

Purchased yesterday

Popped out yesterday for some wine and came across a store selling discounted cds, so took a punt on these three.Thought they were a pound each, but in fact they were 3 for a pound!
Take that Poundland :grinning:

6 Likes

Yeah, dam that Poundland :grin:

1 Like