Julian Cope’s latest and best for a while with plenty of mellotron

1 Like

Grey market 2-CD boot of radio recordings:

8 Likes

51vccRK3FVL
Paco De Lucia - Gold
For a snip at Amazon.

5 Likes

These complete my Kate Rusby studio albums collection. Bought from Kate’s own record label Pure Records.

image !

7 Likes

From the local charity shop - 3 CDs for £2 – notably, ignoring all the dross, it’s the Robbie Williams and Coldplay CDs which seem to hang about the longest!

Frampton Comes Alive

Leonard Cohen Greatest Hits

Elton John - The Big Picture

6 Likes

3 new arrivals today from the river, just unboxed and looking forward to feed the CD5XS:

Rory Gallagher - Blues 3 CD Box: Fantastic blues box from Rory with rare tracks, acoustic set and live tracks

Gary Moore - Blues for JImi (CD + DVD): Brilliant hommage to Jimi with 2 musicians from Jimi’s original band The Jimi Hendrix Experience for some tracks at the end, including Hey Joe and Voodoo Child

The Band - The Band (50th anniversary): Legendary brown album of the Band with rarities and CD2 including live at Woodstock tracks

the Band

7 Likes

Beach boys unplugged just guitars bass and bongos no drums
For collectors only not a great recording

Brian 1

51VgSgWErLL
Gap filling via an Amazon re-seller.

8 Likes

Went to Birmingham (UK) to book a holiday and clearly went too close to HMV The Vault. Got dragged in by a strong gravitational field despite my wife’s valiant efforts to save me. Advised the only way out was to buy music. So…

18 Likes

@Graeme how did you rate The Vault for CD shopping? I fancy a trip but would probably go by train as it would be quite a bit faster than driving. Is it big enough to spend a few hours browsing?

Roxy Music: For Your Pleasure
The Stranglers: Feline
Rick Wakeman: 5 Classic Albums

5 Likes

It’s big by normal HMV standards and seems to have most of what I want. Since I go with a list of CDs to buy, I don’t take too long. Could you spend hours browsing? Hmm, maybe. I only go to Birmingham when I have a few things to do, so I might spend an hour in The Vault, then get on with the other things. Definitely worth a visit, then you can decide if it’s worth your time. Take more money than you think you need!!

1 Like

2 CD set with four Django albums :smiley:

Amazon - New £5.29 + free delivery

8 Likes

HMV in Worcester are closing down tomorrow and I felt the same gravitational pull as you did and didn’t escape without buying a selection of Blu-ray Discs, all at reduced prices fortunately. I had the excuse that they won’t be there next week!

2 Likes

1 Like

Tom Petty and Heartbreakers, The Last DJ

And a few Jethro Tull

12 Likes

image This should be dropping through the letterbox on Monday. Looking forward to hearing it properly on my system.

10 Likes

Five superb albums there, @Steve2. The first and second would be my favourites, with The Inner Mounting Flame being taken with me to my desert island.

4 Likes

Thanks for the endorsement Clive. I have been listening to The Inner Mountain Flame on Spotify and thought I have got to have that and having listened to a few of the other tracks I thought it was a bargain worth having.

1 Like