What was the last CD you bought

delivered this morning…

Marcin Wasilewski Trio - Live

Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double Bass) and Michal Miskiewicz (Drums).

Martin Hayes & Brooklyn Rider - The Butterfly

Martin Hayes (Violin), Johnny Gandelsman (Violin), Colin Jacobsen (Violin), Nicholas Cords (Viola) and Michael Nicolas (Cello).

Nightfall - Little Big Town

Avery Bright (Viola), Tofer Brown (Bass, Celeste, Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Background Vocals), Jacob Bryant (Trumpet), Zach Casebolt (Violin), Matt Combs (Violin), Spencer Cullum (Pedal Steel), |an Fitchuk (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion), Cara Fox (Cello), Jon Green (Guitar), Jedd Hughes (Guitar, Electric Guitar, Background Vocals), Claire Indie (Cello), Katelyn Kelly (Violin), Hillary Lindsey (Acoustic Guitar), Todd Lombardo (Acoustic Guitar), Tom Lombardo (Acoustic Guitar), Sean McConnell (Acoustic Guitar), Background Vocals), Hubert Payne (Drums, Percussion), Phillip Sweet (Guitar), Daniel Tashian (Bass, Baritone Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Mandolin), John Thomasson (Bass), Akil Thompson (Guitar, Hammond B3, Keyboards), Tim Galloway (Guitar, Acoustic Guitar), Foy Vance (Piano), Evan Weatherford (Guitar, Slide Guitar), Kristin Weber Violin), Jimi Westbrook (Guitar) and Kris Wilkinson (Viola).

4 Likes

Just arrived! Suggested by @anon56864344 and seconded by @Eoink in the “What are you listening to…” thread. So much music! :sunglasses::musical_score::musical_score::musical_score:

13 Likes

And again, thanks to the forum HU the 13x CD Byrds boxset arrived here this morning! :+1:

I expect there will be many flocks of Byrds flying out from the Amazon to forum members this week :smile:

11 Likes

51QEDokl6zL

I only wanted to get "Epsilon’ " but as that CD is going for £35+ I went for a collection of his early solo work with Virgin for about £12.50 delivered from a discogs seller.

8 Likes

See this set is on Amazon UK just now for £14, might add to my basket…

Gary Moore week for my CD player: I recently just enjoyed a best of album as well as Blues for Jimi from him and I needed to get more:

Bought a couple of Gary Moore CDs this week on the River:

• 5 Album Set (Run For Cover / After The War / Still Got The Blues / After Hours / Blues For Greeny) for 13 EUR
  • Live at Montreux 2010 for 8 EUR

In addition, on Friday a new live CD from Gary will arrive:

• Live from London (Ltd.Edition Box Set)

Wonderful and very soulful guitar playing, be it straight rock tracks or blues tunes. RIP, Gary, the world has lost one of the best guitar players.

Cover_Moore_5_pic
Cover_Moore_Montr

8 Likes

Nice haul there Mike, the Blues For Greeny album especially is a cracker :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, Alan. I already have a copy of The Best of Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac which I enjoy very much. Looking forward to give the disks a listen on the weekend. :guitar:

Mike, just another bit of info you may not know, but Moore used Peter Green’s Gibson Les Paul guitar when recording the album.

1 Like

It has been very quiet in Poundland recently, they stripped the shelves, then I went in and they were shelving ten boxes. Just these three found

The charity shop was slightly better

Online I found these at lower than normal prices

Star purchase of the month, I have been trying to find for three years, seen offered for nearly £50, for no reason I can think of, so when I found a copy at the same price it was originally sold for, I couldn’t say no

3 Likes

I thought for a moment you had found Malia/convergence in poundland😬

1 Like

That Malia+Boris Blank CD was the only reason i liked the post, all the others are a bit rubbish…

[ Only joking! ] :grin:

3 Likes

51ec4WK0vzL.SY355

When I first heard/saw the video of Can You Feel It, I was 11… and it blew my mind. It seemed to me to be such a positive and operatic masterclass of a disco track. A friends mother had the 12" and used to play it really loud on a silver Philips record/cassette system and it made everyone happy. One of my favourite post-disco tracks.

1 Like

arrived in todays mail …

John Abercrombie - Class Trip

John Abercrombie (Guitar), Mark Feldman (Violin), Marc Johnson (Double-Bass) and Joey Baron (Drums).

6 Likes

It’s another one of those fabulous Sony Music boxsets! :+1:

Due to saving my money i’m really not into spending on CDs and LPs these days…

But this box is an important musical requisite,
and as such overrides my current money saving plan:
The won’t happen again i can tell you! :upside_down_face:

11 albums on 12xCDs ( i think ) Amazon £34.19

13 Likes

I was not planning on buying too many cd,s either…but too good to miss, many thanks

1 Like

The Wallis Bird album is a good find. She lost some of her fingers in a bizarre gardening accident.

1 Like

The Simon & Garfunkel boxset of 12 CDs has been around for a little while; released over six years ago in November 2014, i dunno why i hadn’t already noticed it and bought it before, perhaps it used to be dearer(?) :thinking:

But these CD boxsets are very cool, and this particular set is a good purchase for me because, except for “The Concert In Central Park”, which i already have on double vinyl, there are no other double-up albums for me in this box, and every one of these will be a very enjoyable first listen for me! :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

Yay! Got me a preview copy of this superb live trio album from the Snarky Puppy guy. It’s out on Valentine’s Day…

1 Like

And he’s playing Ronnie’s in March

1 Like