What was the last CD you bought

81VAP9t96LL.SY355
Vilde Frang: Nielsen/Tchaikovsky: Violin Concertos
She’ll be making a CSO debut next season.

1 Like

Slits - Cut
Signed by the wonderful Viv Albertine.
A great band. For some unremembered reason I never bought Cut on release, tho I do have 3 copies of their second, The Return Of The Giant Slits, and a 12" of Man Next Door/Animal Space.

I heartily recommend Viv’s Vermilion Border LP too…And her book Clothes, Music, Boys.

7 Likes

All for £15 :astonished: Poundland and my local 2nd hand record shop.

10 Likes

You bad boy bad as @johnt :wink:

3 Likes

IMO, the Tori Amos and Crash Test Dummy CDs are well worth the money alone.

1 Like

Only £15! I just managed to spend £16 there, though £4 was on kithcen/floor sprays!

So 12 CDs out of about 30 I put to one side - my biggest issue is that I can’t remember if I have many of the CDs I instinctively pick up or not.

I’m scratching my head wondering did I buy it on vinyl, from iTunes, on CD, CD and vinyl???

Really frustrating - at a quid a pop why worry, but don’t want to get stuff I already have.

Our local Poundland is full of stuff I don’t want or have. The good finds are rare.

Dozens of Robbie Williams, Embrace and various awful Coldplay like bands - why oh why can’t someone organise them alphabetically.

So having scoured two shelves I was greeted with disdain for asking if I could get the boxes down off the top of the shelving.

I’ve somehow managed to put my back out stretching to get some of them down, and to top it all some plonker parked so close to me I couldn’t get into the car from the driver’s side (how they got out I have no idea) and exacerbated my back clamering across from the passenger seat.

Nice strawberries from the nearby Aldi, but I think Poundland is getting too stressful for my body and mind!

Mrs AC will be home soon and undoubtedly be unamused at me buying even more CDs to clutter the house, though she may be appeased by a Take That compilation I got!

In fact compilations seem to make up a large percentage of my Poundland purchases.

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 15.10.59 Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 15.15.38 Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 15.16.58 Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 15.17.36 Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 15.18.37 Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 15.24.44 Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 15.26.53 Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 15.28.11 Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 15.29.16

The Take That one many might argue should be entitled Let’s Forget instead - it’s not for me, honest guv…though a guilty pleasure, I do enjoy their ‘Could it be Magic’ cover.

I never knew that track was based on Chopin’s Prelude in C Minor, Opus 28, Number 20:

You learn something new every day.

The Bryn Terfel album was something of a coincidence as I heard The Pearl Fishers’ Duet sung by him and Andrea Boccelli on Classic FM the other day and was going to seek it out on Qobuz.

One missing, back to the car!

5 Likes

…and possibly the best of the bunch, will no doubt get played a lot:

1 Like

Sorry to hear you put your back out, hope it heals fast and well.

I have reduced my visits to Poundland from every time I am in town to once a month. As to duplicates, I have scanned all my CDs to an app called CLZ Music. It’s just a database, and when I have selected all the CDs I think I want, I then check them against the app and put back anything I already have.

Today’s charity shop haul of 3 CDs for £2. All disks appear nice and shiny, with no blemishes.

Chris de Burgh - Spark to a flame (the very best of)…to complement the various vinyl issues I have.

Heather Small - Proud - really looking forward to playing this, as it’s her debut solo album from 2000 and is very highly rated by many. Great voice.

Pavarotti in Hyde Park - this is something for those long journeys in the car. Someone’s having a giraffe as there’s a CD version listed on Amazon at £52 and another at £20. Other Sellers have used versions in single low digits!

2 Likes

Thanks Graeme - back has settled very quickly funnily enough, think I just overstretched and got some cramp!

That CLZ items looks interesting - do you use the subscription model?

Will try the iOS version.

Seems to have several, variants and the movie one might be good for my DVD/BluRays too.

Good news re - back.

There are CLZ apps for music, films and books that I use. I have been using them since before the subscription model was adopted and so I have a legacy account which is free to use but I don’t benefit from any new features.

1 Like

arrived in todays mail…

Elina Duni Quartet - Matanë Malit (Beyond the mountain)

Elina Duni (Voice), Colin Vallon (Piano), Patrice Moret (Double Bass) and Norbert Pfammatter (Drums).

Marcin Wasilewski Trio w/Joakim Milder - Spark Of Life

Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double Bass), Michal Miskiewicz (Drums) and Joakim Milder (Tenor Saxophone).

7 Likes

Bought from the river:

The Waterboys - Fisherman’s Blues Extended Edition. Since this has been mentioned multiple times here on the forum, I had a listen on Spotify to this and immediately had to buy it.

Eric Clapton - Journeyman. Often heard and enjoyed, I had to complete my EC collection with the CD.

81o-yqaC FL.SS500
journeyman

7 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

This has just arrived. Pendragon - Love over fear. It’s been getting great reviews so am really looking forward to listening .

6 Likes

How did I miss that!

Where did you order it? Seems unavailable at usual sources.

That’s it, gonna have to enjoy some old video:

1 Like