What was the last CD you bought

Bought both of these after the Grammy’s. You have to admire an 18 y/o young woman who produced these with her brother in the bedroom and won the awards.

The songs are clever in spots but sound uniformly like crap.

You owe it to yourself to check out the videos, commentary, and parodies out there. Many are better than the original. The Carpool Karaoke is worth a listen for sure.

1 Like

If you go the Pendragon’s website, they have a link where you can pre order but they are being dispatched now. I think the 3cd book set is bit pricey so I’ll probably make do with the digipack

2 Likes

The digipacks are starting to hit postmats now, so if you order now you should get it soonish. I ordered the 3cd set and had my first listen this morning, very good, a lot of familiar pendragon trademarks and some new elements with a lot of acoustic guitar and some folky touches as well.

What’s in the collectors addition, Mike?

1 Like

Heard this on Peaky Blinders…really like it. Sort of The Fall meets…something else. Ordered the Album, although not sure how the whole album will stand up to this one track. We shall see.

Taken from warnermusic web site (I hope that is ok with rules here):

“ The Waterboys’ classic 1988 album Fisherman Blue s was reissued in remastered form in May 2006. The remastering was overseen by Mike Scott and includes extended versions of ‘And a Bang On the Ear’ and ‘World Party’, as well as enhanced sound quality throughout and a 60 minute long bonus CD containing 14 further songs from the album sessions.”

2 Likes

The kids are still alright.

Raury. Gods Whisper.

Excellent, shall pick up the cd. Cheers.

:+1: I think just the alternative version of Fisherman’s Blues alone is worth the bonus disc

1 Like

@JOF as mentioned by @ewemon in the What are you listening? Thread there is also 6 CD version called Fisherman’s Box that is still low priced. You might even go for that.

1 Like

Thanks - I had a look there last night - several options! I assume there’ll be mainstream releases too, but may be better to support them directly.

2 Likes

It’s actually in iTunes already for £7.99!

2 Likes

Just arrived from the River…

6 Likes

Can’t remember hearing either of these, so for me it’s like having 2 new MB’s albums.

7 Likes

A splendid purchase, Richard Thompson was 18 or barely 19 when this was recorded, if you haven’t already, check out the live TV videos from this period on You Tube and watch his hands!
Chris

Miles Davis: Live-Evil. The 2020 Sony Japan multi hybrid (2ch,4ch) SACD ! Original release-1971.

8 Likes

Grabbed this box set for £46.

4 Likes

Have say this set is very nicely put together and all CDs are in white card inner sleeves.
The book is excellent I would think the bigger version in the vinyl box set is even better.

1 Like

From their own website, cheaper than the river and quick delivery - ordered Sunday arrived Tuesday.

3 Likes