What was the last CD you bought

Debs,

The CDs in this box set sound shed loads better than earlier releases.

11 Likes

Heard on the Radio today That Tangerine Dream are playing some festivals this year.
Laptops on tour again. :upside_down_face: :joy:

1 Like

Absolutely! Ulrich Schnauss now firmly embedded too.

1 Like

Thanks for saying!
i don’t have any other Byrds CDs ( …and only one Byrds album on vinyl )
But i’m well happy with my set and enjoying the journey though the box, about half way though at the mo…
My Byrds journey got derailed by the Simon & Garfunkel box which imho is even more fascinating… i do like these complete collection boxsets! :grin:

2 Likes

Festival audience is probably the best way to go because they and the Laptops ain’t going to sell out any venues on there own.
Sad state of affairs IMO.
The master is dead So put it to bed.
The Tangerine Dream live shows over the last 15 years before EF passed away were less than good.

1 Like

Tangerine Dream (studio albums) ‘proper’ finished around 1981 for me, although I still credit one or two through to about '85. Live albums have a life of their own of course, see Tangerine Tree etc.

Klaus Schulz is my favourite of the German electronic composers and I’ve still never seen him play live .

1 Like

Think early 80s was the cut off period for most fans.
Mid 80s was definitely when TD should of hit it on the head.
I’ve got some official and unofficial VHS Betamax and DVD films of bad live shows .

A good or bad week depending on your viewpoint. As I am unlikely to go down the streaming route cheap CDs are a way to explore. Some might never be listened to again, others are real finds.
Two shop buys new, some in Poundland, the first time in their Broadmead, Bristol store, about a third Christmas stock, a whole shelf of McFly.
Charity shops the best finds this week

6 Likes

Some good finds there @catswhiskers. Notably Sarah Mclachlan and Gillian Welch.

1 Like

I also just bought that Gillian Welch CD just a few days ago. I think she and David Rawlings sound superb. I have another arriving soon (Time (the Revelator)), which I think completes my set of her stuff. Soul Journey gets played very often here.

Folder
Pretty good on first listening…

3 Likes

10 Likes

Very happy to have this Rune Grammofon release - two guitarists improvising around a famous film made by Amudsen.

4 Likes

The packaging is a little rudimentary, but at a fiver for five albums, who’s complaining?

10 Likes

Brilliant guitarist. As I get older I listen to more of Grant Green and Joe Pass than I do the rock gods of my youth.

5 Likes

And all great albums…

2 Likes

7 Likes

2 x CDs 50p each from local charity shop, both excellent condition:

Katherine Jenkins - Rejoice from 2017…although ex-postage price on-line is only 41p (I’ve been 'ad :laughing:)…but looks like postage is >£2 :imp:

Rumer - Seasons of my soul from 2010…same story!

4 Likes

Yes what a rip-off - in my 10 CD haul the other day I realised a few were cheaper on Music Magpie - need to save the pennies to pay for the Naim kit after all :smiling_imp: