What was the last CD you bought

How was Trifonov? I suggest you give Angela Hewitt a listen, I find her irresistible on Bach

Claude

Licensing is complex, and it is an oversimplification to suggest that artists always do less well from legal downloads. Streaming services are another complexity, of course. I like to buy CDs direct from the artists’ sites, and will also buy downloads that way if the quality is 44/16-or-better.

2 Likes

Our ability to consume music is limited by time. So one could argue that buying cheap second-hand CDs partially displaces the usefulness of full-priced new CDs to us, and thus reduces their sales. If we listened to the second-hand CDs as an add-on to our consumption it would be different, but who here has spare time available to listen to music that they don’t use?

From an environmental perspective second hand CDs seem like a win. Unless we drive to the store to buy them.

1 Like

Sometimes you drive to do something else and there’s a store with 2nd hand CDs around - I killed some time while waiting for an interconnect to be fixed the other day by browsing a few charity shops.

The great Don Ellis Electric Bath 1967

Big band/psych/sitar…glorious!
Up there with Axelrod as an innovator.
Played a mean trumpet to boot…

5 Likes

2 Likes

Your welcome Dan :partying_face: I shall be dipping into the set during this year, lot’s of other stuff to catch up with :grinning:
BTW, I’m also a big fan of the Hubro label. I’ve seen a few of the bands play now & they are even better to hear ‘live’. A mind expanding label, with music for the curious to appreciate.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

14 arrived today:

Couple of Santana:

And 11 Alan Parsons Project:

Bet you all thought I was going to show the whole lot :laughing: :laughing:

8 Likes

Music by Bach, Telemann, Vivaldi, Fasch, Brescianello and Pisendel.

3 Likes

5-CD box of classic reggae and ska:

4 Likes

Interesting. Do you like it?

Claude

Haven’t heard it yet @ClaudeP - will give it a listen at the weekend

Ordered yesterday, using Hubro’s 20% off offer. Enter discount code: supporthubroartists

Christian Wallumrød Ensemble - Many

Erlend Apneseth - Fragmentarium

Also

To raise even more awareness around the pandemic’s impact on musicians everywhere, we’re waiving our revenue share on sales this Friday, March 20 (from midnight to midnight Pacific Time), and rallying the Bandcamp community to put much needed money directly into artists’ pockets.

1 Like

Another SACD for my collection. Very cheap from a well-known auction site, mint condition.

13 Likes

Journey - Escape

Not sure why, but I’ve never had any journey albums in my collection.

4 Likes

Grey market 2-CD of radio and TV apearances from 1969.

2 Likes

The Cravats latest lp - Hoorahland. Because it isn’t on Tidal.