What was the last CD you bought

1 Like

…just arrived this afternoon

Wolfgang Muthspiel - Angular Blues

Wolfgang Muthspiel (Guitar), Scott Colley (Double Bass) and Brian Blade (Drums).

5 Likes

Arrived this afternoon. 3 hybrid SACD + a Pure Audio Blu-Ray in 5.1 Dts-hd 24bit/192khz
and 2.0 Dts-hd 24bit/192khz.
Blu-ray includes all of the 16 tracks of the 3 hybrid SACD.

2 Likes

3 Likes

The trumpeter, not the bassist:

3 Likes

I have this album on order as well and looking forward to its release in a few days. The two tracks available on Qobus sound fantastic!

1 Like

Wait until you hear the whole album!

…thanks for the tease!

I saw him perform last year and hope he passes by Seattle again in the future.

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m sure there can’t be many albums on the ECM label that you don’t have in your collection!

1 Like

@Clive - Adrian (@Lontano on the forum) has every single thing ever released on ECM IIRC…

1 Like

I would post which was the last CD I bought, unfortunately, I have been in social isolation so long I can’t remember back that far :wink:

1 Like

Out on Rune Grammofon on 24th April (fingers crossed), secoind album by I Like To Sleep, a young Norwegian trio (drums, baritone guitar and vibes). Good stuff.

Arrived from Japan a few days ago, one of my very rare (infrequent) purchases from ebay.

13 Likes

This is a lovely CD that seems to fit the mood and times we are in perfectly. Roger Eno and Brian Eno’s - ambient synth/piano recordings. A perfect antidote to stress and anxiety.

11 Likes

Is there a Cure for this Mad World? Maybe Roger and Brian Eno? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

This

Wonderful reading, wonderful sound.
His Second is on the way.

4 Likes

Fergus McCreadie Trio, Live from Black Mountain.

Direct from the artist, via Bandcamp. Home-made sleeve.

Classy and involving, Jarrett-esque music.

2 Likes

A Tribute to Jack Johnson by Miles Davis
Honk by the Rolling Stones

2 Likes

Arrived yesterday from NYC. CD from swedish band Club 8 in rare sealed condition. :blush: