What was the last CD you bought

Link here for Amazon UK

Now at £12.99 on Amazon UK. Don’t know if they ship to where you are or if you have a local site. You can use the ASIN number to search:
B0030Y10Z2

Yeah, I just had a look on our local site and it’s $36. Amazon seem to be into jacking up there prices here recently.

1 Like

It’s just your luck sometimes on Amazon. The old recommendations function was excellent and it gave well over 1000 recommendations and I used to spend Sunday mornings browsing through the lists. They changed it a few years ago to a limit of 100

Things were much cheaper when we could buy from the US site, they’re now opened here and it isn’t anywhere as cheap as it use to be. I’ll look elsewhere, cheers.

1 Like

Good luck :+1:

1 Like

Just a thought Pete, have you ever tried the Amazon price tracking & alert app, called ‘camelcamelcamel’ (just add a dot com to the name for their site). You just create an account, enter the item(s) you want to track and it will email you when your target price has been registered by Amazon. Because Amazon’s prices respond to various influences they tend to be very volatile. This app saved me over £150 on a coffee machine I wanted. You just have to be patient and prepared to wait a little. Hope it works in Oz!

2 Likes

I’ll have a look after dinner. Cheers. :+1:

There was a TV programme recently which investigated Amazon’s pricing practices. It identified two apps or websites which can alert when a price on Amazon falls to its lowest level. I’ve not used it, but one such app/website I recall was called CamelCamelCamel. If you try it, perhaps you’d be kind enough to share your experience on here.

I’ll investigate it tomorrow, it looks like I’ll need set up another account as it doesn’t seem to operate in Aus. I’ll get back to you.

It works. Read my post above - saved over £150 on one purchase by being patient for 6 weeks!

1 Like

From the camelcamelcamel uk website: “ In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Amazon has asked us to stop updating products in Europe until further notice. Stay safe out there”. There is a further explanation on the website for anyone who cares to look.

@Pete_the_painter, not sure how this affects Australia.

Shame - hopefully it will survive and revive once Coronavirus has receded.

Sorry, I hadn’t seen your post which preceded mine.

1 Like

David Sanborn - As We Speak (1982):

S/H from the river marketplace. I blow hot and cold on ‘smooth’ jazz (and dislike the name) but I couldn’t turn down the opportunity to hear a rhythm section consisting of Marcus Miller and Omar Hakim. I think this might be the only time they’ve played together on record.

I was faintly amused to see that it was recorded on 32-track digital (very rare outside the classical world in 82) but mixed on 1/2-inch Ampex analogue tape.

Mark

2 Likes

@Ebor After you listen to the first track ‘Port Of Call’, play this - ‘Dream Hunter’ by Sergio Mendes.

Thanks Geoff - just done so. From your post I was expecting one to be a shameless rip-off of the other, but they sound quite different to me. Am I missing something?

No worries - It must be me, I think they are similar!

Fair enough! The Mendes is a faster tempo and sounds (unsurprisingly) more South American. The Sanborn sounds much more West Coast smooth jazz to me. Both are good, so thanks for the tip-off, but the similarities seem to be passing me by!

1 Like

3 Likes

10 Likes