What was the last CD you bought

3 Likes

Triple CD for £5 :+1:

5 Likes

Just arrived from California, Intrada’s new expanded and remastered version of John Williams’ great but less well-known score to The River (1984):

The original soundtrack CD (running time less than 40 minutes!) was occasionally seen in shops in the later 80s and early 90s, but has been out of print for years and expensive on the s/h market. This disc more than doubles the playing time by combining the recordings done specifically for the soundtrack album with those done for the film - it was fairly common practice until the mid-80s to double up on the recordings in this way.

Remastering by Mike Matessino from ‘pristine analog source material’, together with excellent liner notes. After wanting this score in my collection for years, this disc has scratched that itch and then some. Sure, it wasn’t cheap but it’s been worth both the money and the wait.

Mark

2 Likes

Nice! I have this one on vinyl.

Golly - probably even rarer than the old CD! It’s such a lovely gently melodic score. I imagine it sounds quite warm and cosy on vinyl.

Parliament 5 classic album boxset
Funkentelechy, Gloryhallastoopid, Mothership Connection, Motor Booty Affair and Clones Of Dr Funkenstein. I’ve not had chance to listen to them all yet, hopefully tomorrow!

1 Like

Only heard one track My Year Is A Day and this was the only way I could get it. Could be in for a surprise for the other 24 tracks :eyes:

1 Like

Freshly fished from the Bay.

10 Likes

61ejx8Dc+OL.SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_SCLZZZZZZZ

cover
That’s the blue dress she wore when she performed with CSO.

3 Likes

Since they are allowed to open again \o/, I did a raid on HMV without adult supervision. So good to see the staff back at their jobs, and smiling.

19 Likes

Some excellent choices there, sir :+1:, but will you be allowed out again? :grin:

2 Likes

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 14.24.01

As I like early music I thought this would be worthwhile having read the review in HiFi Choice

Listening on Spotify and just ordered CD on Amazon. Looking forward to hearing this in red book quality :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 from Solar Fields: Extended, Origins #3, Movements. Love the latter two, coming to grips with Extended.

John Coltrane Quartet - The Complete Africa / Brass Sessions

9 Likes

Claude

5 Likes

… arrived in the mail (pre-ordered from Blue Note)

Norah Jones - Pick Me Up Off The Floor

6 Likes

6 Likes

That is a great collection of albums you have purchased there

3 Likes

1 Like