What was the last CD you bought

Miles Davis, The Complete On The Corner Sessions limited edition “metal spine”, embossed 6-CD box set:

13 Likes

Pre-owned copy on the way from music magpie :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombone
Neil Young - Homegrown
Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways.

That’s tonight’s playlist sorted then!! :grinning:

10 Likes

I saw Stan tracy In london a few years before he passed away. His playing was better than ever.

I never got to hear him in later life. But I have the cds.
My best memories of him are in the original Ronnie Scott’s club in Gerrard Street Banging away on that old piano that was so poorly tuned.
But Dexter and Zoot never said anything to my knowledge.Perhaps it was a better Instrument than they were used to. Sweet times.
N

1 Like

I admire your taste. I still prefer buying from a record shop as opposed to mail order. I also find the staff
Very friendly and they have the knowledge.

1 Like

Enjoying this and have the coloured vinyl on pre-order

10 Likes

CD and 10”purple vinyl

4 Likes

Not bought by me but for me. Babylon and Golgotha by WASP. Both excellent and loud!

£10 per media copy for one song?

1 Like

Indeed it is :scream:

I saw sonny stitt on alto in jazz at the philharmonic at the state kilburn… what a player.

The problem is these box sets are fantastic value great recordings but no booklet with
Recording dates etc. But you can get details on the computer. One cannot complain for
You pay for these box sets.
Enjoy

1 Like

Great value for us but poor for the artist or artists estate, probably no royalties paid, I’ve stopped buying any of these multi sets unless they are on the original labels and authorised as such. I just don’t think it’s fair otherwise.

1 Like

I do the same.vinyl original pressing Is the best if one can afford them.

Three from The Shins

7 Likes

Anda was great i saw him doing the Bartok piano concerto no 2.

Tubby was great. He should of gone to the states like victor Feldman

I play my CDS all the time i never bother to rip them. Some days i play up to 5 in a day.
I have many bear family box sets they are not cheap cds but great recordings.

This is a real find!

2 Likes