What was the last CD you bought

Finally got around to buying this at a more sensible price from Amazon (was £60 last time I was in HMV) after giving up on ever getting a standard CD release. Looking forward to the quick follow up! Come on guys, what else are you going to do right now?

A title might be a good idea, I have no idea what that album is.

1 Like

@Pete_the_painter

There you go, Pete.

“Fear Inoculum is the long awaited new album from TOOL, and the band’s first new album in 13 years. The “Expanded Book Edition” includes five 3D lenticular cards featuring exclusive graphics, 56 page booklet with additional art and an access card to download the groundbreaking immersive visual experience. “Recusant Ad Infinitum”. Oversized CASEMADE book with 5 X 3D Lenticular Cards, 56 Page Booklet with additional art, Video Download Card*, and CD of Fear Inoculum.“
Or something like that…

2 Likes

Cheers. You’re a wealth of knowledge and a an asset to the forum. :+1:

In the mailbox yesterday

MarcAndrHamelinFranzSchu51574_f

JohannBaptistVanhalDouble51554_f

Two great additions to my collection.

The Schubert was recommended by @EJS in April and it’s a wonderful D960 performance. The Vanhal / Von Dittersdorf may be the only double Bass concerto record I have.

Claude

3 Likes

Even the £34 on Amazon Prime seems a bit steep! Then again, I never was interested in sleeve notes or fold out posters, just the music. Still enjoying my Hi-Res download from Qobuz (£16.99).

Magenta - Masters of Illusion: another lush excellent output from the Welsh progsters

2 Likes

Gardiner, ORR - Beethoven Symphonies.

I’ve been listening to these on Qobuz for the last couple of days and have concluded that the I must have my own copy. These are so refreshing that I can’t imagine ever listening to any of the old school recordings again, and that would include Norrington, which had already displaced Karajan and Dorati. Anyone want to buy some discarded Beethoven sets?!!

4 Likes

To be honest I didn’t know this one existed but while I was looking through AK’s stuff on Discogs it popped up. Given the stellar line up and the fact it’s both CD and a DVD I had to go for it.

3 Likes

Time for blues

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Sonny Stitt “Now”- Japanese pressing. Been enjoying this on Spotify and ordered it on Discogs for €18 from Italy inc postage. Shame about the jewel case, but they’re crap and always replaceable.
Really mellow and bluesy but with some bebop lines thrown in here and there. Definitely an easy recommendation for newbies jazzers.

4 Likes

Paul Weller - On Sunset

Heard a few tracks on the radio and it seems the old guy still has it. I’ll have a proper listen tonight.

6 Likes

Many people on this forum were talking about
Homegrown so I decided to listen to this album. Invisible is a brand new album by
Nick D’Virgilio one of my favourite drummer

9 Likes

Arrived this morning

5 Likes

Great boxed set :+1:

1 Like

Saw this on YouTube (Steve Guttenberg??) and found it second hand for £4 :+1: Lost touch on Eels years ago and didn’t know about this

3 Likes

I’m a big of Eels and I’ve missed this as well, cheers.

1 Like

Soft Machine | Hidden Details
From Amazon

6 Likes

1 Like

Another 3 CD set for under £5

3 Likes