What was the last CD you bought

triple CD set. Includes a 46-and-a-half minute version of “Playing In the Band”. Looking forward to hearing this!

9 Likes

A few secondhand CDs from ebay and Music Magpie. Have some on vinyl, but just wanted to have ripped versions as well.

Shakespear’s Sister - Scared Heart
Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove
First Aid Kit - Stay Gold
Funkadelic - Maggot Brain
Television - Marque Moon
First Aid Kit - Ruins
The B-52’s - The B-52’s
The B-52’s - Wild Planet

6 Likes

Super low-priced collection of Art Pepper. It’ll be interesting to hear what they’ve done with the Art Pepper Meets The Rhythm Section album.

8 Likes

On order Mozart 225 box set, hope it‘s worth it…then the next challenge would be to rip 200CDs🤪

I don’t see how they could have done anything as they have no access to tapes whatsoever. These are out of copyright releases “legal” in Europe only. Artists and their estates receive nothing from the sale…maybe they’ve tweaked the sound like the old “Rechanelled stereo releases” when mono was unpopular. You can buy legitimate copies of these albums in the safe knowledge that they are from the original sources, avoid Avid and their like…that’s my rant for the day.

1 Like

@ChrisG Agree 100% with this, and having recently bought the 2010 Art Pepper Meets The Rhythm Section on Concord OJC (Original Jazz Classics) label I can confirm that the sound on that issue is outstandingly good.

they cancelled my order…sh…t!

2 Frank Black CDs

3 Likes

I like to own the physical disc

2 Likes

Humble Pie, Town And Country
51RsTcPkoJL.AC_UY218

2 Likes

Box set Booker T and The MGs

5 Likes

Had a little splurge on the MusicMagpie sale, so a new pile of CDs to rip this afternoon! A few that double up on vinyl and a couple to try out (Belle & Sebastian, John Grant, Foals) Secondhand CDs are ridiculously cheap right now.…

The B-52’s - Good Stuff
Art Blakey - Moanin’
Belle and Sebastian - Tigermilk
Pet Shop Boys - Actually
Pet Shop Boys - Introspective
Foals - Antidotes
The Clash - London Calling
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness blues
The Farm - Spartacus
Yello - Claro Que Si
John Grant - Grey Tickles, Black Pressure
Robert Cray - Midnight Stroll

7 Likes

Primarily for the song Doors Unlocked and Open which RP seems to play regularly.

By the avant-garde composer and pedal steel player Susan Alcorn and tenor sax/clarinet player Phillip Greenlief. Limited edition of 100 copies!

1 Like

Took advantage of CSO Resound 50% off sale.

No substitute for live concerts tho. :unamused:

2 Likes

Haken | Vector

From the Bay.

5 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

2-CD reissue of one of Bobbie’s very finest. Can’t wait to hear it!

15 Likes

Hi @TheKevster, will this not be just an outtake from the big box set?