What was the last CD you bought

@Steve_S - you have a completely new mix by Andy Batt (from the original multitrack), a mono fold-down of the original stereo, plus 10 bonus cuts (two of which have never been released before, not even in the box set). So looks like it’s worth getting.

3 Likes

Cheers, Kev. :+1:

1 Like

Chris Rea - The Return of the Fabulous Hofner Bluenotes.
3 x cd’s but I might need to buy a TT for the 2 x 10” Vinyl, this album could get expensive!! Bought from Amazon, seemed to be the only place that had it a reasonable price.

7 Likes

Chris Rea - The Blue Jukebox and Dancing Down The Stony Road
£2.99 each from Music Magpie

10 Likes

Two Magpie pickings.
Spike Robinson and Louis Stewart…comfy as a cup of cocoa on a January afternoon.
Stephen Hough…this seems to be the current direction of my musical meanderings.
Both for my beloved CD player and focal headphones.
N

Thought i’d better get up to date so these arrived today.

8 Likes

Al Di Meola Across the Universe, a nice jazz/instrumental covers of Beatles tracks.

7 Likes

Chris Rea - Hofner Blue Notes and Blue Street (Five Guitars)
These are the last two albums for the full set of Chris’s albums.

6 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNjTu2ApChMimage

2 Likes

How spooky is that - just checked my Chris Rea collection, to discover the only ones I didn’t have were these two! Ordered, thanks for the memory jog :+1:

1 Like

The Pretty Things - Bare As Bone, Bright As Blood
The new studio album of acoustic roots music recorded shortly before Phil’s death in May.
Preordered from Amazon, due for release on September 25th.

3 Likes

Oxfam: £0.99

1 Like

Christine and the Queens…6 Quid on Amaz…and its ok to burn in my CDI after the service…

4 Likes

Love this album! Have you heard it in French yet? I prefer it over the English version.

No…not listened to the french version yet…will give it a listen…thanks.

The 62 minute BBC interview/radio broadcast celebrating Bowie’s 50th birthday. Always an entertaining interviewee, literate, funny and so down to earth. He re-recorded 9 tunes specially for this with a small band. Semi acoustic, excellent sound quality.

The tunes are currently available for streaming as “ChangesNowBowie” and will be released on Record Store Day on 29 August and is an excellent set. This broadcast will do until then!

Peter

6 Likes

From 1970, and issued on CD (and vinyl) for the first time, a classic slab of township jazz from South Africa. Originals fetch silly money so this is most welcome.

2 Likes

Sensational Alex Harvey Band twofer including Buddies and Rock drill.

1 Like

Sounds like my kind of thing but not out till 25/10.

It’s brilliant @Richard.