What was the last CD you bought

Tempted by very agreeable prices to get these from HMV in Bath:

Fleetwood Mac: The Dance
(having heard rumours (geddit?) of high SQ)

Vangelis: Nocturne
(hoping for an unplugged-style clean solo piano recording, it seems instead to be piano drenched in reverb with lots of synth strings smeared on top)

Mark

1 Like

As I said in the other thread, I ordered it at your recommendation. Brilliant.

Claude

1 Like

Not new at all: Interzone with their album „Aus Liebe“ released back in early eighties. I have not installed my tape deck again after moving but began to miss songs like „Die Jungs nebenan“, „Eisenmann“ or „Armer Paul“…
By the way: I got the impression that „Paul“ is the name used in songs to name the really poor guys (in the above mentioned song he definitly is!). Or are also others used?

Curtis Mayfield - New World Order. I think this was his last album and, as it seems to be a bit difficult to find new, I picked up a second hand copy. It’s a good album.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Someone has clearly had a clearout of Peter Gabriel CDs and donated them all to Oxfam in Chippenham - I picked up the CD singles of Steam and Big Time (bonus tracks, 12" versions etc) for 99p each today. I left the others there for anyone else who might be in the area…

Mark

2 Likes

Airbag | A Day At The Beach

7 Likes

Antonio Forcione and Sabina Sciubba - Meet Me in London

On the Naim record label. Been after this for a little while now. I did get one copy which was in very poor condition, but this one was sealed as it was from Naim. Mint! Now to enjoy some class guitar work and sublime vocals.

13 Likes

Wes Montgomery - Smokin’ At the Half Note

Fantastic sounding CD for £2.99 - brand new sealed copy in HMV sale.

12 Likes

Just bought the motion picture score to Forrest Gump and Rage Against The Machine «Battle of L.A» from a guy on Facebook yesterday.

Grant Green - Idle Moments

Excellent CD for £2.99 - brand new sealed copy in the HMV sale.

15 Likes

R-1411610-1343388449-5470.jpeg

3 Likes

Johannes Brahms, Violin Sonatas. Alina Ibragimova and Cédric Tiberghien.

At @EJS recommendation. Just received it today, on the playlist for tonight.

JohannesBrahmsViolinSonat51853_f

Claude

4 Likes

The Band, The Band 50th Year Anniversary.

Full album on first CD. Full Woodstock set on 2nd CD. Lots of outtakes.

“The new edition of The Band jettisons the album’s original 1969 mix in favor of brand-new mixes in both stereo (on CD, double vinyl mastered at 45 RPM, and Blu-ray) and surround (on Blu-ray only) by Bob Clearmountain from the original multitrack masters. (Bob Ludwig has handled the superb mastering.)” Longer review in September’s The Absolute Sound. This CD has made for a fun weekend!

11 Likes

Ali Farka Touré & Toumani Diabaté | In The Heart Of The Moon
Bought from Discogs this afternoon.

7 Likes

This CD took over two months to deliver on Amazon Marketplace from CH. I had given up on it. Seller refunded it and it showed up two weeks later. Paid him again today. Lucky me. Well worth a listen. If you ever get to Arkansas, we must visit Levon Helm’s home in Turkey Scratch. Fun day trip from here.

2 Likes

Larry Carlton - Discovery / 1987 MCA / US CD / MCAD 42003

Mint US copy - filling a gap in the collection - sounding mighty fine!

5 Likes

Bruce Cockburn, The Charity of Night.
An artist I have just discovered, has his own style which I like!

3 Likes

Paul Roland - The Lockdown Session

Just listening to this new arrival from UK. Can‘t wait for his new album later this year.

Ese & The Voodu People | Mercury In Retrograde

7 Likes