What was the last CD you bought

i’ll join you Steve, just ordered my copy.

6 Likes

Looking forward to it @dav301, going to give the (included) download a listen later on today. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Bruce is well worth exploring. He has changed of course over the years but all are worth a listen and many are essential. Enjoy

1 Like

Thanks James. My musical taste has evolved over the years and I know enjoy listening to stuff I never used to even consider!!

1 Like

The ever-lovely Emily!

folder

3 Likes

6 Likes

Ordered as well… can’t wait :blush:

Rick Wakeman | The Red Planet

4 Likes

Japanese CD, picked up for just £6 in the sale rack at Ray’s Jazz Shop on the second floor of Foyles on the Charing Cross Road:

081227968458_b

7 Likes

I would highly recommend Dancing in the Dragon’s Jaws.

1 Like

Thanks for that will check it out!

Arrived at my workplace last Friday, was waiting for me this morning…:blush:

1 Like

Really warm and heavy with great riffs. Definitely influenced by Sabbath and Zeppelin.

This just arrived and getting its first play. A unique voice not quite country, not quite folk, not quite pop. Quality of the recording is top drawer!

2 Likes

Kate Bush, Director’s Cut ‘Collector’s Edition’.

Includes three CDs: “Directors Cut”, “The Sensual World” and a remastered version of “The Red Shoes”.

Really nicely presented as a ‘book’ with 40+ pages with text and a lot of album art plus some not-before seen images from The Sensual World and The Red Shoes periods.

Having said I find CDs hard to physically engage with… if only they were all presented like this!

Superman (1978): score by John Williams

40th Anniversary Remastered Limited Edition from La La Land Records

My copy arrived today, all the way from California. It now seems to have disappeared from the website, so maybe I got the last copy. It also means you can’t see how much I paid for it, which might be just as well.

This score is just wonderful and the LSO were on absolutely top form, especially Maurice Murphy on principal trumpet. This is at least the fourth release of the soundtrack but the first taken from the original master tapes, which were accidentally discovered in a vault in Kansas!

Mark

2 Likes

1987 copy of Bad…it sounds very very good…unlike subsequent releases…

1 Like

Ese & the Vooduu People - Up in Smoke

and pre-ordered Mercury in Retrograde.

4 Likes

At just a fiver for four discs, and enough stuff on it that you’d actually want to listen to, this set from Rhino/Union Square seemed like it’d be worth a punt for casual listening:

3 Likes

Andy Fairweather Low and The Low Riders - Live From The New Theatre Cardiff
Double CD with over 30 live tracks from the concert, along with a DVD of the concert and interview

4 Likes