What was the last CD you bought

Beetoven, Complete Piano Sonatas and Bagatelles. Stephen Kovacevich, Warner 9-CD box set.

This is the third complete piano sonatas I have (Alfred Brendel and Jean-Efflam Bavouzet are the other two) in addition to a set of 10 sonatas by Inger Södergren. The price was good (about $4 per CD) and it considered as one of the best set by Gramophone so I went for it.

Definitely positive after CD 1, eager to discover the others.

Claude

7 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

Amazing stuff from the Adderley’s

2 Likes

11 Likes

Well this streaming and download mullarkey can be a strange old game. Wanted to stream Convergence by Malia on Qobuz, played it many times, now only the odd track to play, not available as a download on Qobuz or a couple of other sites i tried. So to get my fix had to order the cd?

3 Likes

That’s rather odd, I couldn’t play an album on Tidal this morning. It’s hard getting use to not owning my music.

I imagine the folks who own the music have time based contracts with streaming services and when negotiations open up again on pricing the accountants force some tough decisions. Both Malia and Boris Blank have albums listed on the Qobuz site but no ‘Convergence.’ Hopefully it will return in the future, I am happy I did buy a copy and have it available on my NAS.

1 Like

Darn and blast!

I bought the LP but there was no download code with it, or indeed the last few albums I bought.

Just the voices in your head. It will pass just like the music… :shushing_face:

:rofl:

The 3CD version - remaster original album, plus live CD, plus early takes/outtakes CD.

7 Likes

Lynne Jackaman, One Shot. This is the first I’ve heard of her since 2010’s Diary Of A Soul Fiend by Saint Jude. Highly recommended.

My favourite compilation of all time is From Brussels With Love, released in November 1980 on Les Disques Du Crepuscule - it was a cassette in a pouch with a booklet. Very much a product of its time and self-consciously arty, it featured the cream of the Factory Records and Factory Benelux roster (ACR, Durutti Column, The Names, Martin Hannett and the very first recording (July 1980) by the then un-named New Order), plus the cream of the European avant-garde and UK indie.

I bought my copy in December 1980, when I was in the Lower Sixth at grammar school (most other people were buying Yes, Gentle Giant, Greenslade etc or the latest Chic and Maze) and I still have it to this day. Despite its less than awesome SQ, the tape still plays fine 40 years.

Now, James Nice, who looks after the Factorty and Crepuscule back catalogues, has reissued the cpmpilation on LP, cassette and as a luch special edition on CD with an extra disc’s worth of leftovers, outtakes and “context” and packaged in a lavish 10-inch hardback book. Lush!

4 Likes

For not much money, bought this boxed set, main sleeve is top left.

Top stuff.

6 Likes

Bought to complete the collection, not very interested in this rather uninspiring period of the Floyd’s career.

2 Likes

I bought this three weeks ago. Still hasn’t arrived. I assume it’s lost in the post :frowning:

10 Likes

Arrived today, just listening for the first time.

5 Likes

Ibrahim Maalouf - 40 Melodies

3 Likes