What was the last CD you bought

Lots of problems with pressings, how’s yours? Even after two cleans the pops and distorted crackles spoilt the flow. After two copies I returned mine and resorted to the high res files, pleased I did as it sounds superb.

This from Epi K Paradox arrived today. Outstanding laid back guitar blues with a hint of smokey bar rooms. Parcel force managed to foul up the delivery and Epi was helpfulness personified in sorting things out - from Greece :astonished:

Mine are faultless, the acoustics are not what I was expecting. A huge space, I was expecting echo, but the engineers did a great job.

That’s good, first one reported as such!

Found a copy at a reasonable price

10 Likes

Arrived in yesterday’s mail…

Chris Stapleton - Starting Over

Chris Stapleton (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Morgane Stapleton (Vocals), Dave Cobb (Acoustic Guitar), Jarrod Travis Cure (Bass Guitar), Derek Mixon (Drums) and Benmont Tench (Hammond B3).

Bill Frisell - Guitar in the Space Age

Bill Frisell (Electric Guitar), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel, Electric Guitar), Tony Scherr (Bass, Acoustic Guitar) and Kenny Wollesen (Drums, Percussion, Vibes).

9 Likes

AC/DC Power Up

Just because they are still going!

3 Likes

Just arrived Kate Wolf. Green Eyes truly a stunning voice taken from our lives far to early with Leukaemia

1 Like

9 Likes

8 Likes

Excellent 3 some.

Tiny Ruins (Hollie Fullbrook)
Olympic Girls Solo

Bought after her gig with Nadia Reid tonight. Bought it in CD as it’s not been released on vinyl.

Fantastic gig, both great singer songwriters.

2 Likes

Sun Ra Art Yard In A Box boxset, 7 albums. No 878/1000:
Going to have a galactic Christmas!

David Bowie Live Santa Monica '72 box:

Got tired of vinyl boxsets, but do like these little ones :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember at school in 1974 seeing an ad for the Santa Monica double album (bootleg of course) in the back of Sounds for £8 - at the time when I got 50p a week for my paper round that was indeed a fortune beyond my wildest dreams and for a No 1 Bowie fan I wondered if I would ever get to hear it.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Latest album from the renowned avant-garde jazz percussionist:

Blimey… didn’t know he was still going!

The new album from keyboardist Woeste.

3 Likes

Amy Winehouse - The Collection

So it’ll be the third copy of each of the albums (fourth of B2B and Lioness) that I own, and I’m not interested in the remixes, but I bought this solely for the Live in London disc from Shepherds Bush Empire. I already have that on DVD too, but at least I’ll now be play a full live concert of Amy through the streamer.

I really wish it were possible to get the 2007 Glastonbury sets on disc. That would make a great DVD/CD/vinyl package.

7 Likes

2 Likes