What was the last CD you bought

Some people (like me) prefer the convenience of accessing an album easily via a NAS or hard disc player such as an HDX, and stow their CD’s away to avoid the clutter. In addition when you have your CD collection ripped you may find yourself listening to and enjoying stuff you had forgotten you had! All an individual choice naturally Archie!

1 Like

Oh OK can see that side off it, do you think it sounds better or the same
Take it it comes up on pad or computer like iTunes and you just press play or random to all the tracks

With the HDX you can play randomly, playlists or individual tracks. Ripped copies do sound very good and compare well with streaming from Qobuz. I use an Ipad and the naim app is very easy to use. Though I have an NDX2 now the HDX playlists are still accessible and sound superb.

Ripped Cds sounded better on the HDX than on my old CD5.

OK, u see I just use iTunes one because I use a iPhone and two it’s very convenient for everyone I’ve got it on family setting
I only really use it to source new music and have a good listen if I like it I buy it on cd or vinyl
So basically it’s like a hard drive with a screen stick the disc in copy it then store it and you still have the master copy to hand
Thanks for explaining

No problem. We are spoilt these days with so many ways to access the music we love!

@ARCHIE67 I don’t own a CD player any more, but still really like physical media. I expected to switch to downloads when I bought my UQ2, and initially I did just that, but after a while I just missed owning the discs. I also really like the newly found convenience of being able to use an App to browse and pick albums, so I now buy CDs and then rip them. I recognise the contradiction and it goes against current streaming trends, but I guess I just enjoy collecting media. Crazy I know!

12 Likes

Hell why not it sounds ok to me , and you still have the cd as well if you ever do get another CD player

8 Likes

I can’t agree more, Crespin is a wonderful soprano that really shins in French repertoire.

There are some modern interpretations of Schérazade that can be explored : Veronique Gens and Fatma Said.

4 Likes

Her debut album from 1998…

1 Like

15 Likes

1 Like

Great value from Discogs and fills in the lower bit rate versions I already have.

6 Likes

Just ordered Oscar Peterson - Night Train which also includes The Jazz Soul of Oscar Peterson

9 Likes

Ryan Adams - Wednesdays

4 Likes

Cassandra Wilson -Blue Light 'til Dawn

9 Likes

Primal Scream - Give Out But Don’t Give Up -The Original Memphis Recordings.

2000 Madison Avenue - Memphis, TN 38104 901-725-0855

Marc Ford - Holy Ghost.

Men espi

Gillian Welch - The Harrow & the Harvest

THE HARROW & THE HARVEST

Neneh Cherry - Raw Like Sushi.

Neneh_Cherry_Raw_Like_Sushi2

Bruce Springsteen - Letter To You.

Bruce_Springsteen_Letter_To_You

13 Likes

I recently bought a second-hand copy of Raw Like Sushi too - and it sounds fab

1 Like

@GavinB Agree, gave the well known tracks a quick play yesterday after ripping, and it’s a very good sounding disc. Considered buying the latest remastered (30th Annie) reissue, but knowing how good original CDs can sound, decided on this version instead, plus don’t really need all the demos etc.

I’ve been been buying a lot of CDs (new and used) this year and what has struck me is the heavier gauge plastic used on original late 80s and 90s CDs when compared to new releases, which seem so much more flimsier - quite the contrast.

3 Likes