What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Thanks.

DG at the Royal Albert Hall last night. Just Sublime.

6 Likes

David Gilmour RAH Wednesday 9th October

4 Likes

Had an absolute blast of a concert. All parts of the program have been great and mesmerizing. One of my best classical concerts ever.

Jakub Hrůša Dirigent
Behzod Abduraimov Klavier
Damen des Tschechischen Philharmonischen Chores Brno Chor

Josef Suk »Zráni« | »Lebensreifen« Symphonische Dichtung op. 34
Sergei Rachmaninow Rhapsodie über ein Thema von Paganini op. 43
Leoš Janáček »Taras Bulba« Rhapsodie für Orchester

3 Likes

Symphonic Six at Holy Trinity in Sutton Coldfield, a beautiful Grade 1 church. The band is a CBSO offshoot who play arrangements by Raymond Scott, John Kirby and others. Our favourite was a lovely arrangement of Liebestraum by José Melis.

3 Likes

Had this evening also a good concert. Mao Fujita was bring Tschaikovsky’s Piano concerto, we had after the break Rachmaninov’s 2nd symphony and they started with an interesting piece of a Japanese composer. While it’s a bit overkill to have concerts on two consecutive evenings, I did enjoy myself.

And Mao is somebody to watch, while I belief he is even better at home with solo piano music.

5 Likes

Seems everyone’s got to see David Gilmour expect me. :cry:

3 Likes

Hi Bert,
Who was the conductor?

Tell me about it…! I was all over the pre-sale access for tickets as soon as it opened, but within seconds of logging in there were like a 1000 people in front of me in the queue…! Tried other nights as quickly as I could, but of course, you’re then wasting time and getting chucked further back in the queue….God knows how you were meant to score tickets…! :man_shrugging:
Still, got to see him at the Albert Hall on his last stint there, so can’t complain……

And now on to the next mad scramble for tix – The Cure’s album launch gig in November….TBH, I’ll be even more stoked if I can get tix for that one and will be on the plane back to Blighty with a big smile….Don’t fancy the chances though – we shall see :flushed:

SC

It’s being filmed, so you can grab the bluray when it comes out, if that’s your thing.

1 Like

Is it? Good news…
Just the AH gigs…? Wonder if they’ll do a cinema release a la Pompeii …

Did you see the YouTube short on his channel when his guitar strap broke just ahead of the Comfortably Numb solo…?! Nightmare!
Kudos to him for posting it out there….

SC

I’m not sure, someone posted about it further up the thread.

It came up in my Facebook feed, but I forgot to watch it. I’ll try to find it.

We’ll see in time I guess. Just because there were cameras there doesn’t always translate into a released film or BD……
Often these days the cameras are there primarily for the visual displays at the gigs….though, I don’t know how anyone really watches any of the visuals as they’re all too busy staring at their phones…! :roll_eyes:

I saw Neil Young some years back at the Perth Arena – posters plastered all over the venue that it was being recorded and various rules and regs etc…Has there ever been a released film of that tour, no….:man_shrugging:

SC

1 Like

Three of the Rome shows were filmed and I have heard the Hollywood Bowl will be too

2 Likes

It’ll more than likely turn up on a streaming service

1 Like

Fascinating, any idea what that large item is on the piano? Is it music notation?
Thanks
Martin

I thought the same thing then looking at the photos it appears to be to the side of the artist rather than in front - I’m guessing it is the piano top that covers the strings and keyboard.

1 Like

It’s truly fascinating to experience her concerts, if you like her music you should definitely book a seat in the next one available.
Nope, I don’t think she has any music notation as far as I remember. On the piano she has a Nord Lead keyboard.

1 Like

Jim Jones All Stars at Future Yard in Birkenhead on 12/10/24.
Right down the front and an absolutely brilliant gig. So captivated that I didn’t get my phone out to take a photo!
If they play near you and you like your music LOUD, go see them.
Edit: And then to ruin it all you test positive for Covid 4 days later …

A for me unknown conductor. Sebastian Weigle…