What was the last concert / gig you attended?

I do have a collection of Tom Robinson songs on CD, my favourite is ‘Atmospherics - listen to the radio’ which reminds me of the early 80’s and being at University in Exeter.

And I also like ‘Glad to be Gay’. Not gay personally but always found it a great song.

1 Like

10cc at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.
They wrote some great songs, and some slightly oddball ones too, but a very good evening.

5 Likes

Gregory Porter, Vicar Street, Dublin, Ireland.

A rehearsal/warm up ahead of Cork Jazz Festival & his appearance in the Cork Opera House, later this week.

But I will take him in the smaller, more intimate venue any and every time.

Just wonderful

4 Likes

Aussie Pink Floyd at Eastbourne Congress Theatre. Excellent gig and very impressed. Musicianship superb. Vocals maybe a bit on the weak side. Great sound, visuals and atmosphere. Backing singers came to the fore for a spine tingling version of great gig in the sky. Well worth seeing if you get the chance.

Also super cheap. Less than £40 per ticket for a prime view :grinning:

3 Likes

Waiting for the Bill Laurance solo piano concert at the University of Surrey last week.

Great to see the performance close up, and good to hear a mix of pure piano sound as well as the effect of subtle electronic treatments.

Mostly material from the Affinity album.

4 Likes

I saw him a few years later at an RAR gig, he was superb.
Edit, apparently it was 1994 at the ANL festival, I thought it was earlier than that, he did a solo set, then we caught the Levellers rocking it up on the main stage.

1 Like

I’m in my way back from seeing Charlotte Spruit at the Wigmore, she’s 24 years old and is clearly a potential superstar. She played with assurance and the music was superbly portrayed.

2 Likes

Tom Robinson was (is) a lovely guy. Danny was superb and Dolphin was cool. I can’t remember the bassist…

One night Mick Jones turned up to jam with TRB iirc

We played a number of great gigs as support (Brecknock with Mick Jones if anyone remembers).

Those were the days.

2 Likes

Oh come really Stevie think that one through. It’s a bit like saying who played bass in The Beatles or are you having us on.

And he did

IMG_9491

Can’t… I’m a bottle of champagne and two heavy g&t’s and v&t’s in…help me out here. I’ll kick myself but…

Wow, lovely photo btw…!

3 Likes

Go easy on him

2 Likes

Tom Robinson played bass in the Tom Robinson Band.

2 Likes

That was harsh😂

2 Likes

I just hope I don’t have to tell him Paul McCartney played bass in The Beatles.

Actually a great question for most people - try it - you get some great answers. Was it George or John no I know it wasn’t Ringo so it must be George or John.

2 Likes

Ouch…and bollox!

Memory is a fickle mistress. I claim amphetamines and liquor!

Thank you for the reality shot Andy!

1 Like

I saw TRB at the at the Lyceum, decades ago……so easy for me. I might have got the Beatles line up with a push😉

2 Likes

@AndyP

Were you at the Brecknock that night?
(The photo is yours?)

Ships that pass etc…:slight_smile:

1 Like

No but yesterday I had a look at some photos of Danny Kustow as I always rated him as a great guitarist and saw that pic of Mick Jones with TRB.

IMG_9492

2 Likes

It was a great gig. Mick was superb. And a nice guy to have a pint with.

As were TRB.

1 Like

There some great pics of the gig on line but ‘Getty images’ and I might go to prison for posting watermarked images.

1 Like