What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Just got home from another GREAT Shinedown gig.

2 Likes

Saxon

Last weekend at the Roundhouse
Diamond Head, another great band but unfortunately never received their deserved commercial success were the support band

Lyndon

3 Likes

Blooming heck, Saxon still pull in a decent crowd for a bunch of old rockers.

1 Like

Yeah, I loved them back in the day when Metallica had their early fame.

Took the kids (ages 7&5) to the Nutcracker in Denver last Friday night. They loved it as did the parents. I’m not sure if i watched the pit more or the performance, it was fantastic and sounded really amazing.

3 Likes

Not a true gig but a magical production of The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe by the students at Giggleswick school. The standard of performance was outstanding. Found myself sat behind a certain John Helliwell who I haven’t seen for a few years since we were both members of the local curry club.

Great evening.

Gig’s just ended: the glorious
Ese And The Vooduu People
Rose & Crown, E17.

What can I say?
MISS THEM AT YOUR PERIL.
Edit/ Well, it’s 2am and we just left the venue…

Love you Ese, Sheena, Jackson , Noel, Indigo and Rory - stand-in on drums: kicked it UP!!!

5 Likes

Last night, at the HMV Empire, Coventry - Cloudbusting - Kate Bush tribute -

1 Like

Scottish Ensemble with their seasonal Concert by Candlelight. I’m no classical expert, but some of the pieces played were certainly more musically diverse than in previous years. Very enjoyable and Inverness Cathedral is a lovely venue.

Cheers,

Ian

1 Like

Ese solo gig @Folklore, Hackney Road.

Lovely night!
( that’s not me…an Ese regular, Dave…who I hope will join the Naim Forum soon )

3 Likes

Stereolab at Earth, Hackney. They were damn good.

A lovely evening with Ese solo @Folklore in Hackney Road…

Whoops, so carried away I made two posts! Ah well…
Folklore is a nice little venue, btw.

4 Likes

Tonight in Düsseldorf:

Preband - Manfred Mans Earth Band

And then - Status Quo

1 Like

Billy Joel last Saturday in Auckland NZ. He was awesome

billy2

5 Likes

My band Sporkle played a gig in Boulder Creek CA a few months ago
and other shows in Pacifica as well…

before that, Halloween Phish concert in 2021

Mammoth WVH, Halestorm & Alter Bridge this evening at Motor Point Arena Nottingham.
The young Van Helen and his band weren’t bad, Halestorm were awesome and should have played a full set. Left after the first hour of a not surprisingly poor Alter Bridge.
That’s 3 times I’ve seen them and been disappointed each time.
We weren’t the only ones to leave early either…:man_shrugging:t2:

Forgot to publish my concert from last week. With Daniel Lozakovich with Tschaikovsky’s Violin Concerto and Dvorak’s Symphony Nr. 8. It was a good concert. Noticeable was that Daniel had issues with his bow. The hairs where constantly broken and he needed to tear the pieces out at every pause in his playing.

1 Like

That’s a shame @QuickSticks . I’ve also noticed this before at their shows and I think it is a result of often having two support acts, one of whom are popular - Black Stone Cherry spring to mind. So the headliners have the unusual situation of fans coming to see the support band, rather than them.

I’m sure economics drives the support acts but I get the impression that playing Europe, and the UK in particular, gives all the bands much larger audiences than in the US where shows are typically in venues holding 2500.

Still looking forward to my show next week!!

I totally agree @By-Tor .
M-WVH got an opportunity to experience a European tour, which is great for them, but they played to a more than half empty arena. The down front crowd were still energetic and made it a worthwhile experience for the band.
Halestorm should not have been a “piggy in the middle” support act here. They were just getting warmed up when they were finished and definitely got a better reception than AB.
Myles continues to have a poor stage persona for me. His audience interaction is definitely no where near as engaging as Lzzy’s, or Chris Robertson’s or Brent Smith’s or any number of other front men/women I could mention.
I hope you really enjoy the gig next week, many did last night, but I shan’t be attending anymore AB gigs in the future. I’ll be honest, the only reason I went last night is because I’ll take every opportunity I can to see Halestorm :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just on way back from seeing Badbadnotgood at Brixton Academy. Would like to say that it was brilliant but can’t. Moments of brilliance but long periods of what was really just aimless noodling. Ho hum

2 Likes