What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Gilbert and George used to be regulars at the Turkish restaurants near the Rio Cinema and Shacklewell (they may still, but it’s quite a few years ago since I lived in Stoke Newington/Dalston)…

I believe that they eat every day at Mangal 1, just off Kingsland Rd. Very pricey though! Mine was an ‘ordinary’ Turkish but none the worse for it. Best lamb chops I’ve had in a long time

2 Likes

We went to see Skerryvore with the wonderful Eves as support at The Spa in Bridlington. First time I’ve ever been to a concert where you are sat at tables of 8 on the dance floor.
Also the Beverley Pipe Band played before as it was near St Andrews day

1 Like

We just booked:

Brad Mehldau Trio on Sunday 05/05/2024 at Conservatorio di Milano.

In case anybody is interested.

The magnificent Ex Cathedra choir at St Peters church Wolverhampton. Seen them many times and they’re always sublime. No pics of mine. Pic of them in St Pauls church Birmingham Jewellery Qtr and views of St Peters.
smt-2023-12-01-ex-cathedra-credit-ex-cathedra
frosty
interior

2 Likes

Lloyd Cole last night at the Sydney Recital Hall, small venue. Just Lloyd and a guitar, set list included Rattlesnakes, Violins and The Idiot.

8 Likes

Actually all it needs are power washing the briks and get rid of those unsightly signs and heating/cooling ducts. Structure itself has not changed much tho looks like they gotten rid of the front awning. Wish they kept the SAVOY lights up front. That was also very art deco font.

2 Likes

Catholic Church?

@kuma …St Peters Wolverhampton is Church of England, Lichfield Diocese. Mind you…it’s probably changed affiliation in the last thousand and twenty nine years.

ah… thanks Bob. Sorry for my ignorance! The only thing I know is that it came about after King Henry the 8th wanted to get a divorce. I assumed that the religion that has Saint is Catholic.

1 Like

@crispyduck @kuma @biddler66 @BlueCanary @steviebee

we filmed this inside eARTh:

7 Likes

Just BEAUTIFUL, Kev!
:heart::green_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

The War On Drugs – Last night of the AU Tour, Kings Park Perth, couple days ago.

Early doors scene setter:

A rare gig with good support acts:

And a rather crap pic of TWOD playing – was too busy listening + rather drunk!

Superb band live…loved it every time Adam hit an effects peddle and went for a stroll and solo…! :grinning:

Didn’t know any Indigo Sparke beforehand and live I thought it was nothing Slowdive hadn’t done 30 years ago…but haven’t stopped listening to Hysteria on Qobuz since, quite different recorded….Always like it when you come away from a gig with a new find… :grinning: :+1: Easy on the eye too :wink:

SC

3 Likes

This is one of my fave tune. :heart_eyes: Nice cover tho hard to top Gil’s original!!

2 Likes

At the Liceu Opera House in Barcelona for Turandot tonight.
Mrs Q’s favourite Opera, we are really looking forward to this😊

10 Likes

What an amazing night.
Good Orchestra.
Brilliant Chorus.
AMAZING lead Cast.

6 Likes

Jockstrap at the Barbican this evening - what a show! Truly eclectic and Georgia Ellery has the most amazing range

2 Likes

Who were the orchestra and conductor?

Did he escape from some Don Giovanni gig ? :laughing:

3 Likes

Watching Turandot (pure chance viewing) on late night TV some years ago was what got me listening to opera, especially Puccini. It has held a special place in my wonky old heart ever since…but funnily, it’s a Puccini I’ve never seen live…must fix that.

1 Like