What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

If anyone is interested then you can buy Beth Gibbons “Out of Season” for £15:17 on the River. Looks like a 2019 repress and remastered at Abbey Road.

IMG_0646

8 Likes

Very good it is too, even if it’s not completely devoid of that weird phase issue with the central image that seems to afflict all the more recent AR releases I’ve heard. I can’t help but think that something’s not quite right with the setup there. But then I seem to be very sensitive to such phase anomalies, whereas others don’t seem to notice or at least not bothered by it.

1 Like

Yes, heard you mention this before, will listen out for it on this release. Been a few years since I last played this so looking forward to it.

This was £13:99 so bought this as well. Folky/Pop music, believe she’s from California with Ty Segall on guitar

IMG_0647

Final bargain record that was £15:00, bought new but has a seam split.

8 Likes

I agree that the new remixes on the ‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ albums are generally better, but I cannot get over what they’ve done to the end of I am the Walrus. I have even written to Giles asking if, when they release a complete remixed version of the MMT album, it can be restored to the ending I grew up with. Funnily enough he hasn’t replied! :joy:

1 Like

I can’t be the only one who thinks that they don’t sound as good as the originals. Different yes, but more ‘Hi-Fi’ and in your face to me :man_shrugging:
Thank goodness we all hear differently and each have our own opinions that aren’t wrong though :+1:

2 Likes

I tend to value the types of remastered releases where there is a discernible reduction in distortion. To many however its likely that this is what gave the original music its tonal quality and I get that.

Have you heard the Oasis cover of I am the Walrus? I really like it!

Latest haul from last night from my favorite record shop.

R-2715966-1314099798

418457259553_360

![ab67616d0000b2733e838f51e73bace79444f376|552x500]
(upload://reQRsYkTc9JPMvNOFyiRXLrg2Us.jpeg)

1 Like

Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door, just delivered.

I have never heard this, Indeed, the first four Led Zeppelin albums are the only ones that I know at all well.

4 Likes

Hi Graham
I suggest you get your hands on Physical Graffiti ASAP
I think it’s the best outside of the first four.
Down by the seaside

5 Likes

Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy.

After the disappointment of the first of this new series of Dan resissues (Can’t Buy A Thrill) I held back from buying this one until it was cheap enough that if it too disappointed then I wouldn’t feel too bad about it. And thank heavens I did! It’s another curiously lifeless reissue that leaves me hankering for any of my other earlier issues - even the slightly brittle sounding Japanese one! At least the sleeve is done reasonably well, and a nice printed inner too. The vinyl though…? I guess if it’s all you have then it’s likely fine, but really, oh dear… :frowning:

6 Likes

I guess that’s why it is on sale at HMV at half price !

2 Likes

I guess so. It’s not quite as bad as Can’t Buy a Thrill and some tracks fare much better than others, but overall it’s another disappointment. I bought Pretzel Logic at the same time (even cheaper!) and I can’t say I’m feeling particularly optimistic about it…

1 Like

A post-Fab Four fun frenzy

9 Likes

Led Zeppelin IV arrived yesterday, courtesy of the Big River.

(I wonder how many times I’ve bought that particular LP?)

‘Shankar Family & Friends’ - Ravi Shankar

Another Dark Horse LP - on ‘orchid’ coloured vinyl.

2 Likes

Took a small detour to one of the local record shops when leaving work earlier.

3 Likes

8 Likes