What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Hi @Blackbird,
So much for the individually inspected by hand quality control then? :roll_eyes:
Perhaps bears out my scepticism expressed previously
:heart:

Blimey that’s what I call service. Thank you Juno and Posties. Back in stock email 1500 ordered 1710 on my doorstep 0930 next morning.

3 Likes

Juno & Royal Mail, always excellent as you’ve found :+1:

3 Likes

Inspecting a transparent record with your eyes detecting a pop here and there is like :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ah, so it looks like the bronze vinyl copies could be the issue - frustrating. Likewise, I’ll plunge for the black vinyl as well.

Love those transparent inserts on the Grouplove record.

Clarity Vinyl allows for the purest possible pressing and the most visually stunning presentation. Every UHQR will be hand inspected upon pressing completion, and only the truly flawless will be allowed to go to market
Acoustic Sounds

Perhaps they should drop the truly flawless line

Received today, my very first Gary Numan LP. Listening to it now on this bright sunny day, with a bottle of Brew Dog, IPA. Great.

5 Likes

Pentastar :+1:

1 Like

Great album!

With thanks to @CliveB for posting this on the Jazz thread
Decca British Jazz Explosion series
Presenting some of the most distinctive British jazz albums ever made. Vinyl audio remastered & cut from the original master tapes by Gearbox Records. 180grm Optimal Pressing. Flip-back LP sleeves on 380g heavy card, front laminated sleeves with 12 x12 insert with new liner note insert + audio download voucher

https://shop.decca.com/British-Jazz-Explosion/

1 Like

Looking forward to this…
The moment you have all been waiting for has finally arrived. Don Rendell Ian Carr Quintet - Blue Beginnings on LP has arrived and is shipping from tomorrow. Unfortunately, if you didn’t pre-order a copy you’ve missed out, but we have the CD to come next week and and there are still some copies available, don’t delay!

jazzinbritain.co.uk/album/blue-beginnings

5 Likes

This one took a little while to track down. Ready for the weekend.

11 Likes

Just picked up these two today from my mate at Stash Records.

![image|603x500]

8 Likes

Nice sideboard n vase :+1:

1 Like

Full of cds this one.

1 Like

What a fine record. Born out of a harrowing life, but I guess that’s where the soul comes from.

5 Likes

White vinyl version, maybe its a grower, listening to the streams hasn’t grabbed me.

2 Likes

I got a black replacement today. It doesn’t have the crackling of the bronze vinyl.

It has a different flaw, exactly as @Jamiewednesday described!

Hopefully the fourth (!) replacement copy will be ok.

Oh good grief - how very frustrating, hope the replacement is better.

There are only 3 albums in the new batch of UHQR. Kind of Blue, Aqualung and Axis Bold as Love. There are a few more in MoFi’s One-step series (i think there are about 10-12 titles or thereabouts now). You could say that the two products are equivalent and priced more or less the same. They’re not the only game in town of course. The recent Impex Patricia Barber Modern Cool plays in that territory too.

My experience of these pressings has generally been extremely positive, even compared to whatever pressing you care to compare to. Some are better than others, but there’s not a duff one there. Are they worth the price? That is a value question that only the buyer can answer, but I’ve not heard better versions than these.

I’ve not received the Kind of Blue yet. I am keen to compare it to the Classic QSVX copy that I have, as they were taken fro the same master and therefore the only difference is the actual pressing and vinyl formulation. For most of the others, they were remastered as far as I know.

1 Like