What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Excellent 12" EP from London based West African influenced Jazz group.

6 Likes

Thanks Neil, I’ll let you know
:heart:

1 Like

This made me dig out my £2.50 second-hand copy: after running both sides through the Clearaudio, I was pleasantly surprised how good condition it was in.

I had also forgotten that I have another 5 BeBop Deluxe LPs :flushed:

1 Like

Please excuse my ignorance - the Clearaudio…??

So you have SIX Be Bop Deluxe LP’s…? How…? There are only 5, surely…?

PS. My copy was only £2-00… :smirk:

Arrived yesterday. Sounding really good and nice-n-flat.

5 Likes

After a couple of evenings of thunderstorms I finally have a chance to spin the two Steely Dan LPs from RSD 2021. First on the player is Everything Must Go. I’m pleased to find that it’s nice and flat, well centred, no signs of any non-fill (phew!), and it sounds excellent. Delighted with this one.

9 Likes

The Clearaudio RCM.

Modern Music, Axe Victim, Futurama, Live in the Air Age, Sunburst Finish, and Drastic Plastic

1 Like

Pleased to hear your copy is a good one @Richard.Dane. Mine went back today. I’ll try to pick another copy up from somewhere.

1 Like

@TheKevster @Richard.Dane @Neil-26 @Charles64 @CliveB @Eoink
Thanks guys but I got a duffer, probably the worst warp I’ve ever seen, diabolical!
The problem is obvious, the tight shrink wrap is bending the records, photos not great but I think you’ll get the idea

(Before anyone asks, no I dont use the platter without mat, it’s to make the warp clearer to see)
Grrrrrrrrr!

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I had, probably 9-12 months ago. Tried 3 copies and all the same. I returned them all. Some people might call it dished - the copies I had were almost bowl-like. It was just the Curtis album that was affected. Such a shame.

That looks more like dishing than a warp.

Sorry to hear it. Just double checked mine and they’re all fine. I did order very early though (pre-order) so maybe that spared them. It looks like the shrink may have shrunk further than intended.

1 Like

What a nightmare. Definitely looks like the shrink wrap is to blame.

1 Like

It’s difficult to capture but its really bent, rotate the platter and it’s like the big dipper! :joy:

Never seen anything quite like it, it’s both dished and curled up on one side, my basic camera phone cant really capture it, if you enlarge it, its poor focus but you might see it :joy:

1 Like

Exactly my experience.

The CD version of the box set is very good, but I’m guessing, like me, you’d prefer the vinyl.

1 Like

Is a beautiful album. ‘Tell Old Bill’ is glorious.

1 Like

Looks like I’ll be posting Curtis on the what was the last music you streamed thread (is there one?)
:joy:

Maybe, or just stream it.
I was wondering if the titles are available individually and swap out the dodgy one but as far as I can tell from Discogs the Chris Bellman cuts are only in this box.

Yes, I’d wondered that, but drew the same conclusion as you.

1 Like