What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

That spoilt it, I thought you’d been down the record shop!
True story, many years ago a shop I regularly visited used to display records in plastic storage tubs, one day he had 2 or 3 full of great 50"s n 60’s Jazz many from OJC. I negotiated a deal to buy the lot, must have been about 450LP’s, I was a regular and he trusted me so accepted a cheque. All the vinyl was stored out the back so I left him sleeving them all up and returned later to collect and drive the haul home.
About a week or so later working my way through them, something fell out of one of the sleeves, you guessed it my cheque!
Did I or didnt I?
:heart:

Now theres a liberty!

1 Like

I’m now feeling very inadequate!
All I have to show after the dodgy Curtis box is one single Deep Purple LP

Machine Head (Warners Kevin Gray cut)
Replica gatefold & insert

5 Likes

You’re a man of honour, Dread…

'Course you did!

2 Likes

I’ve been called many things in my time…
:joy:

Now that’s a productive Saturday - superb!

3 Likes

Now that’s what I call a proper vinyl haul! The sleeves look well cared for too, which bodes well for the vinyl within.

3 Likes

Just spinning the second Steely Dan LP reissue for RSD 2021, and it’s another winner. I strongly advise anyone considering these to get on it pronto as I think the pressing numbers are limited and these may start to get pricey in the future.

6 Likes

Test played four albums so far and all seems well. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Where did you pick the Steely Dan up from Richard? Thx

Resident Records. Arrived a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Thx Richard

Nice one Richard, my local when I’m able to park

1 Like

Ordered EMG but 2AN sold out :slightly_frowning_face:

Keep looking. Try discogs as well. Prices will only go one way…

2 Likes

Totally agree Richard. Just played this yesterday and it’s very good. I have the original vinyl release of Steely Dan TAN which is crammed onto 2 sides of vinyl and this is much much better.

1 Like

Pre Order released August 13th.

Just ordered these two from Contemporary’s 70th anniversary series on Concord/Craft both remastered by Bernie Grundman and pressed QRP.

Looking forward to comparing my mid 90’s AP reissue with MTRS and I don’t have a copy of 11 not sure if these are Limited Ed but if so the Meets the Rhythm Section won’t hang around long.

5 Likes

Craft re issues are superb, but I will be surprised if it “betters” the AP

1 Like

The Boplicity reissues from the '80s are superb. I wonder whether these can be any better…?

1 Like

I will let you know some time in August.
The Analogue Productions MTRS I own is in the top five records I own so if these are close to that they will be well worth getting.

I only have a Boblicity ‘Playboys’ which is excellent but though I can’t compare like for like the AP version of Meets the Rhythm Section is much, much better.

1 Like