What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Great music and a fantastic sounding LP. I was lucky to find a sealed copy of this first UK issue about 10 years ago (in a local charity shop, would you believe?!) and it’s definitely up there with some of the best sounding LPs I own.

2 Likes

The new 180g (remastered?) version of Nightclubbing I bought recently is a fantastic pressing as well, sounds tremendous.

5 Likes

Madman across the Water and his eponymous album are excellent. Well recorded too.

Stu

1 Like

Agree - wonderful record!

Very personal and powerful lyrics. Terrific album!
Under the Pink is also very good but not as poignant and anything else just passed me by.

That Siouxsie album is very special, later releases don’t come close.

3 Likes

@Alley_Cat, thanks for the info - good to know about the Siouxsie album. A good find then. Unfortunately I haven’t got a later disc to compare, but glad I got the better version. If buying used I nearly always tend to look for early pressings if they can be found at a reasonable price. This Siouxsie album was £15, so a little pricey, but it is absolutely pristine, and was bought from a chap selling his entire collection and everything was in similar condition. I could have spent a fortune on this one stall alone.

I was actually thinking more of the compilation content which is not as good on similarly named later CDs I bought from memory despite those having newer songs added with different styles to the early stuff.

My pressing is quite worn from playback on an old music centre when I was young, but still sounds very good.

Ah I see, My mistake, thought you were commenting one the sound quality of the release. I didn’t realise the tracks changed for later versions, so glad I got the first issue.

5 Likes

I might actually be wrong about it - I bought a different Siouxsie compilation maybe 10 years ago, and it lost some of the early tracks and added slower newer ones in - all tracks pretty good I just felt the newer stuff didn’t work as well in the play order on that disc. Looking today I see that Once Upon a Time/The Singles has been available on CD and still is.

download

David Sylvian Dead Bees On A Cake, Alchemy An Index 2018/19 reissues.

Regards
Roberto

5 Likes

4 Likes

SS500

2 Likes

SY400

Been after this for a while…
Ltd Edition box set…:grin:

1 Like

Bought at a gig of theirs last week:

1 Like

good choice. I have the bandcamp hirez. How the sound?

@frenchrooster - I presume your question is directed towards me?

Sound is OK, as far as I can tell (my LP12 needs a service and my cartridge needs replacing), the vinyl is quiet.

The problem is that they haven’t managed to translate the excitement and energy of their concerts onto record. it sounds a bit flat, sterile even, to my ears.

Thanks TheKevster, yes, it was towards you. The high rez sounds very good. I was curious about the lp .