What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

2 Likes

Robyn, self titled from 2005. 2x LP in red vinyl. Made for RSD.
With the artwork for the Swedish release in 2005.

415jOqEEwLL.AA256

715gUgfUTdL.SS500

Used original vinyl… :+1: :grin:

6 Likes

Just added these two. Some pretty good pressings.

1 Like

A landmark recoring, featuring Garrick, Harriott, Ian Carr, Don Rendell, Stan Robinson, Trevor Tomkins and Coleridge Goode.

4 Likes

Ooo… do you have any details behind the mastering and pressing on this?

Where on earth did you get that one ?!

@Richard.Dane the mastering was done by Jazz in Britain’s Matt Parker and Caspar at Gearbox I think. The recording is mono, and could not be described as high fidelity (it was recorded live at University College in London back in 1966) but it is eminently listenable, everything is clear, there’s no distortion and the vinyl is completely silent (done by Optimal, I think). Most importantly, it’s a wonderful performance, with the four hornsmen in particular in majestic form.

4 Likes

Brilliant - thanks Kev.

I was sent it for review Ian. Copies are still available at Jazz in Britain’s Bandcamp site, but it’s selling fast apparently.

1 Like

Ordered - thanks !

1 Like

Recorded in the anti-room to the Union Bar at UCL. The recording originated from the collection of Mancunian agent Ernie Garside I believe, although he didn’t record it.

Jazz In Britain’s Bandcamp site also has extra material for download from this gig. At least as much again as is on this LP.

Garrick was a UCL grad, which might have influenced the recording location.

A very welcome acquisition from today’s RSD drop. Previously only available as a very rare Japanese CTI issue.

1 Like

That looks very good!
:+1:

1 Like

Bruce Springsteen - Letter to you. 2x LP with three sides (the fourth side is etched).

5 Likes

Been buying a few, but this had been my most anticipated new buy. First play:

11 Likes

The latest release from Mammal Hands - Captured Spirits. Very good.
Regards

Nic

Just got my rsd 6:00 online order in

81r6 o5vjpl. sl1425

3 Likes

One of the others - finally got a mint copy of VU (only ever had the CD).

Sounds fab!
“Electricity comes from other planets” indeed…

6 Likes