What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Probably the licence agreed with the owners, can be very small numbers

1 Like

That as well, yes
:+1:

5 Likes

It was the Johnny Shines I posted earlier today - I bit the bullet after having debated whether to get it for some time - more or less since Pure Pleasure released it. Unfortunately I didn’t have the money to buy much in the way of Blue Horizon releases in the 60s.

1 Like

Oh by jingo! This has arrived.

7 Likes

I’ve put of ordering this (you have to restrain your spending sometime!), the first time I’ve ever done so for a Bowie release in 46 years.
I’d still be interested in your thoughts though Kev.

1 Like

Spent all day in my cab, not one fare, but arrived home and that splendid chap from the Royal Mail has been to lift the Lockdown Blues…

Ken Boothe Inna De Yard Gatefold Vinyl version
&
The one title that got away from the stash I recently grabbed in the Pure Pleasure sale that came back in stock
Al Green Explores Your Mind

Aaaaah, feel better already…
:grin:

3 Likes

Ken Boothe, never come across him but somehow the sleeve invited some investigation! Thanks @Dreadatthecontrols

1 Like

Never heard of Ken Boothe! Wow, one of the finest singers to emerge from Jamaica, making great music since the sixties and has a rich back catalogue.
His biggest crossover hit was in 1974 with his sublime cover of Bread’s Everything I Own which went to number one in the UK.

The Inna De Yard sessions are recorded at the tree top open air home of guitarist Earl Chinna Smith in the hills overlooking Kingston. They are kind of unplugged sessions of old and new Jamaican artists.
The Ken Boothe has him doing acoustic versions of some of his best known and loved songs.
There are two volumes of various artists Inna De Yard Sessions, a DVD/Bluraydocumentary and some great footage on the Inna De Yard YouTube channel

cover

Bless up and enjoy

:heart:

3 Likes

Cheers @Dreadatthecontrols

My pleasure, my pleasure, do hope you like checking it out

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

What’s it like?

@Blackstar
Hi again, hope I’m not over indulging, but if you enjoy the Inna De Yard I would highly recommend Rocksteady The Roots Of Reggae.
Artists from Jamaica’s most soulful late sixties “Rocksteady” period gathered at Tuff Gong Studio to revisit and re record some classic tunes. Theres a DVD documentary as well.
It’s been described by some as being like the Jamaican Buena Vista Social Club.
Decent SQ too

I’ll leave you in peace now
:heart::heart:

2 Likes

I’ll find these to ‘download’ from my usual sources and have a listen sometime over the weekend. In a JJ Cale mood at the moment!
Thanks for the suggestions and info @Dreadatthecontrols

1 Like

R-1802386-1460471652-8271.jpeg
:+1:

4 Likes

Got to say, the SQ of the reissue of Tom Petty’s Wildflowers & All The Rest is stunning, the best sounding LP I’ve heard in ages.

3 Likes

@carruthersesq and @Blackstar - haven’t had a chance to listen yet… tomorrow I hope!

What colour did you get?

Black vinyl version for my “random” purchase

4 Likes

Win Or Lose, Sink Or Swim
One Thing Is Certain We’ll Never Give In
Side By Side, Hand In Hand
We All Stand Together…

2 Likes