What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Delivered just today: Spinning Gary Numan’s Telekon, 2015 Beggars Banquet reissue. Outstanding!
ART9

6 Likes

Nice. Well Tempered TT?

Yes, sir. Thank you. Amadeus GTA. It’s the last 'table I’ll likely ever own. I feel confident in saying that, as it’s the only consistent component in my sytem for the past eight or so years.

1 Like

51HdHEdetpL.AC_UY218
This was a really lucky find. Most of Gabor’s albums now are damn expensive on vinyl, but this old CTI re-press was only £13 at Juno and it sounds superb. They’ve sold out now sadly. This features most of the old CTI rhythm section including Eric Gale, Harvey Mason, Tom Scott, Idris Muhammad and Bob James.

2 Likes

Last vinyl I bought Tangerine dream Poland

@Numptyhead VMP just released Dreams AAA vinyl which I have and it’s fantastic. You might find it on discogs.

Tone Poet LP’s incoming
20201111_101740 20201111_101840 20201111_101812

7 Likes

It’s taken me several attempts to find a decent copy of this album, bought a couple of modern remastered reissues, sounded rubbish, Royal Mail lost a nice 70’s repress, then this turned up on Discogs at a sensible price🙂

11 Likes

Great album!
Enjoy!

1 Like

Does it have the printed inner sleeve lyric/credit sheet, mine despite purchasing it immediately upon release doesn’t? Landmark album and their second album “Adventure” very underrated.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve been playing this on Tidal, how’s the vinyl?

Yes, lovely complete copy, funnily enough this album passed me by in the 70’s, in ‘77 I was 18, so I was probably too busy listening to Pink Floyd, Genesis and Yes! It was only reading one of David Hepworth’s books that I became aware of it, I will look out for their 2nd album.

I’ve Only played 4 sides and I like it a lot. Very flat, reasonable dynamics and very nice packaging.

“Adventure” was initially pressed on red vinyl, I saw one a couple of weeks ago for not much money, in fact they’re probably all red vinyl as it didn’t sell that well I believe. The 12 inch singles from the first album are worth collecting, they sound great.

That’s Chris Carter’s Chemistry Lessons by former Throbber Chris Carter, by the way.

Popped in today from Amazon.it Duran Duran 2020 reissue in white vinyl and B. Eno L. Experience in yellow vinyl

4 Likes

Cool cover!

1 Like

The 2013 Spoon/Mute remaster, supervised by Irmin. My old UA copy is just a bit too battered…

4 Likes

GREAT album, @TheKevster!

One of my desert island ones*…
I have the original UK too and will keep both, but what I love also about the remaster is the embossed cover…

*Along with Ese of course :wink:

1 Like