What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Hi Kev, I don’t have this album but been looking for a clean original but difficult to find at a reasonable price. Is the remaster a good sounding Pressing?

I’d say so yes, @Premmyboy. A mint UK or German first UA press will cost you well north of £100. You can get this particular pressing for £17-18 brand new. It’s a nice quiet pressing, good sound too. If you’re interested in digital, and have an SACD player, the 2005 SACD is excellent too.

1 Like

For those of you who don’t visit the Jazz Music Thread here is the reissue of the excellent
Ballads for Two by Wolfgang Lackerschmid and Chet Baker.

If you who want to dip a toe into Jazz but are put off by all the honking horns and goatee stroking this is a great place to start some reviews have likened it more to Brian Eno than John Coltrane but to my ears it’s just beautiful and soothing.

7 Likes

Ok Thanks Kev. I will grab a copy. Strictly a vinyl man really. I do have CDs but I rarely play them.
Let me know when the Ese album is available on vinyl. I really enjoyed the first one.
Thanks Prem.

2 Likes

Looks a great set it’s nice to see such a good band getting a bit of recognition.
I went to play my very old and worn out copy of Our Favourite Shop a couple of nights ago and discovered it to be in worse condition than I remembered so picked up a German copy on Discogs.

I’ve been slowly filling in the gaps of my Style Council 12" singles and prices for all Style Council records are steadily rising hopefully they’ve been discovered by young hipsters as well as us middle aged hipsters.
81uxZt3FZCL.SS500

4 Likes

There was a great documentary shown here in the uk recently on Sky Documentary about The Style Council, worth catching up on if you can. The previous week the subject was The Jam, also worth a watch for any Weller fan.

Yes I saw TSC one, I’ll keep an eye out for The Jam one thanks.

1 Like

@Premmyboy - there have been horrendous delays due to Covid-19. We’ve had to change pressing plant from Optimal in Germany to the Vinyl Factory in Hayes (the old EMI pressing plant). I should be getting test pressings in the next week or so, and hopefully we can get it out before Xmas!

2 Likes

New Order’s (not very good, in fact, really rather poor) new single, “Be A Rebel” on “dove coloured” vinyl. Motivated by a desire to keep the collection complete, rather than any great love for the music on this one.

1 Like

@TheKevster. That’s understandable. You can definitely put me down for a copy when they come through.
The previous one was an excellent Pressing and superb package.

2 Likes

I didn’t realise the Dog and Trumpet was still going as a pressing plant ?

Thought it was flats , I used to live nearby and every time I take the train and pass it, looks more depressing

51NNYilmHLL.AC_SX355

May be a daft thing to say about a live album, but it does sound really live.

3 Likes

What’s amazing about Keith is that his studio albums have the same exhilarating live feel

1 Like

What’s also amazing is that hes still alive! :rofl:

4 Likes

I bought the black vinyl version and then saw the red one and just had to get it :grin:

3 Likes

You AC/DC fans are bonkers. My son bought an additional one because it lit up with a supplied lead
:sunglasses:
Having said that I have bought Blonde on blonde at least 6 times :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist picking up this one for £20. Erasure’s Wonderland reissued on Intervention Records. A lovely thick tip-on sleeve, perfect RTI pressing, and all-analogue mastering and cutting by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Pan Am records?

Still get emotional when I listen to Goodbye Pork pie hat

2 Likes