What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

It’s a Spanish PD label focusing on jazz and soul reissues on vinyl.

The Stone Foundation - Is Love Enough
Great music again from The Stone Foundation though I’m not keen on the lead vocalist’s voice which is why I’ve never bought into this band wholeheartedly but guest appearances by Paul Weller, Durand Jones, Laville and Sulene Fleming make it well worth the price.

3 Likes

A little taster from The Stone Foundation’s new record.

1 Like

Intervention Records are superb pressings quality & sound wise from my experiences.

@Bobthebuilder
Not heard the new one yet, I enjoy this one a lot and it has William Bell & Bettye Lavette along with Mr PW guesting.

2 Likes

Thanks I was curious, a lot of those public domain records are a bit dodgy, WaxTime, DOL, Doxy (not to be confused with the John Coltrane DOXY label) etc never heard of Pan Am though thought it was something to do with the airline :rofl: What’s it like?

Yes, I have a few from Intervention - Stealers Wheel, Murray Head, Joan Armatrading, and now this one - and they are invariably excellent. I also have Joe Jackson Night & Day on order but it seems to be delayed.

@Richard.Dane Night & Day has just been repressed and is in stock at Intervention Records so I would guess whoever you ordered it from should be getting it in very soon.

You’re lucky it’s just delayed. I’ve had two from different sources that were dispatched more than two weeks ago, but just haven’t arrived. The postal service seems to be in chaos - under normal circumstances we’d receive mail every day, now we just get one huge delivery a week (no records or CDs though🙁)

immagine

7 Likes

10 Likes

It’s OK. It was a freebie so I’m not complaining too much. I would love a MOFI One-Step of the album but that’s not on the horizon…

1 Like

The Music on Vinyl is excellent, as is the De Agostini Jazz at 33 1/3rd issue.

I have all the PW affiliated Stone Foundation vinyl releases which amounts to a couple of 7"s and a 12" which features PW and Mick Talbot together for the first time since The Style Council split.
I love their style the music they play and think they’re great musicians but there is just something about the lead vocalist’s voice that turn’s me off a bit but they always use fantastic guest vocalists which gives them a whole other sound which I love.

The One Step is very good but very expensive especially in U.K.!

Finally got around to playing my 72nd Birthday present from SWMBO (I’m 5 days older than Prince Charles)

Great album apart from the last 2 tracks, which are a bit meh …

3 Likes

This turned up today. Vinyl Me Please limited edition The Story of the Grateful Dead box set. First impressions are good, in fact excellent. Came with a psychedelic turntable mat too!

6 Likes

Pat Metheny From This Place. Double disc set. Highly recommended

8 Likes

I would add to @Richard.Dane recommendations the Classic Records pressing.
I kind of agree about the Mofi One Step, I’ve not heard them, but how much better can they really sound for the money, laws of diminishing returns, “audiophile” BS etc leave me sceptical

I get what your saying, that’s perhaps the reason for the tendency for them to have guest vocalists, gives the albums some contrast

1 Like