What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Aw gawd…

8 Likes

Enjoying a new delivery - E.S.T. Live in London. Great music, great pressing and my daughter loves the hammer bead cover!!

7 Likes

3 Likes

There is some distortion on the last track on each side but nothing to spoil my enjoyment. Nice to have these tracks on vinyl

1 Like

I can’t remember the last time I played the original release so was going to pass on this. However if it does sound dramatically different I may take the plunge

Favourite PF period is 67-72 and love the Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets live album

1 Like

This is good. Heard it on Tidal and may buy the vinyl

Finally got all the Kraftwerk coloured vinyl releases and making my way through them

9 Likes

Picked this up a few weeks ago and just playing now as I type…

7 Likes

Another one I have had for a while. Lovely stereo and mono set from the Quo’s psych pop years. Nice yellow marbled vinyl with proper lined inner sleeves which means no crackles & pops, unlike the Stones album

6 Likes

I think my son has got me “Trans Europe express “ for Christmas. Here’s hoping. What’s the sq like?

1 Like

Haven’t played TEE yet but the 4 I have played have sounded good to me. Haven’t compared to my CD’s or Tidal. Do have a mid 70’s UK Vertigo of Autobahn so may compare that to the 2020 blue vinyl just for fun

1 Like

51pbny3bonL.AC_SX425

This arrived late yesterday.
Just given it a spin and it sounds like they’re playing Albatross while walking down a gravel driveway. Back to the river it goes …

4 Likes

A very nice mono copy of Otis Blue (at last!), on first press Atlantic UK, solid purple label:

Phoebe Snow, DCC remaster by Steve Hoffman:

6 Likes

1606061281722_bateman
:smiley::smiley:

Arriving tomorrow. Can’t wait to hear this on vinyl

1 Like

I suppose side One shows A3 is called ‘A Change Is Gonna Come’ and A5 is called ‘I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)’ on label.
Nice!:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yep @anon10403888 . Exactly right on the label titles! :slight_smile:

I just ordered the AP 45 copy too (stereo I think)…my Otis Blue cup is full!
Unless, that is, I ever find a US first press in mono and excellent condition!

Great album.

1 Like

Have you checked out some of the videos on YouTube about flattening LPs with a little help from a domestic oven?

IIRC, there is an expensive piece of kit which (supposedly) does this but an oven and a couple of sheets of glass or something equivalent appear the best option as a starting point.

1 Like

I have a Sundazed pressing which IIRC sounds pretty good

1 Like

Ballads - Coltrane - Reissue on Impulse. Really nice.

1 Like