What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

@Dreadatthecontrols, yes I’d heard the Sundazed, and the recent RSD double (stereo and mono) were said to be excellent. But I’m just a fool for first presses ( and AP releases, lol).

Just bought a UK Stax press (first, I think?) of the Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay album. Must look and see if I still have my Stax 7" that I bought in 1968.

Bit of an Otis thing lately :smiley:

1 Like

From Elvis In Nashville, Elvis Presley. RCA A awesome 2lp set with excellent sound.

5 Likes

No fool, there most often the best sounding if you find good clean copies.
:+1:

1 Like

It’s called the Vinyl Flat, no idea if it’s any good.
Certainly wouldnt want to put any of my records in an oven, might get fat from the Sunday roast splashing on em

1 Like

Triple whammy from World’s Best Postie today. All recommendations from you lovely peeps.

1 Like

I’ve used an Ebay seller using a VF for flattening badly warped records. Works pretty well. Every one is playable afterwards, even if not 100% flat

2 Likes

I get the uvver arf to sit on em!

2 Likes

This may interest anyone considering the new Matthew Halsall LP…

Hey everyone

We’ve been notified of a pressing fault with the Clear vinyl edition of ‘Salute to the Sun’ (GONDLP039LE). We are working quickly to rectify the issue with the pressing plant and I’m happy to confirm that replacements will be ready to ship on December 4th.

To clarify the Black vinyl pressing, CD and digital release are all fine and will be released this Friday 20th.

However, some mailorder copies have shipped already. If your copy has shipped our distributors, Kudos, will be in touch to ensure that you receive replacement vinyls ASAP, but please do retain your copy in the meantime.

We are really sorry for this inconvenience and I’m super grateful for your patience. It will be worth the wait!

Thanks again for your support.

Peace
Matthew
:billed_cap::trumpet::v:

Before that Jacqueline du Pre - Heart Of The Cello

And before that Bob Marley

I was slightly saddened that my last three vinyl purchases are all from artists who are deceased

2 Likes

Brian Eno Film Music 1976-2000
A really lovely selection of his soundtrack work - varied in style, which is welcome. And for fans of the Lovely Bones soundtrack, which is impossible to find, the Ship in a Bottle track is included on side 1.

5 Likes

Nick Cave has churned out a few gems recently and the form continues with this release.

8 Likes

The Third Mind (thanks @igahman for that recommendation)

Plus a few more
Leo Kottke - 6 & 12 String Guitar
Kate Bush - The Kick Inside
Al Stewart - Year of the Cat

8 Likes

Four great choices :+1:

Thanks, I was chuffed to find The Third Mind at our local store, assumed I’d have to import it.

1 Like

Arrived yesterday.
A really nice box set. I cannot stop listening to Amy’s voice. Really miss her.:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

I bought a new copy of Kate Bush as my original copy is literally wearing out. It sounds tired after thousands of plays.

2 Likes

Taylor Swift - Folklore (”In the trees” version) 2 x LP, light brown vinyl.

Some distortion at the end of side C. Disc 2 is slightly warped. Not too much for a replacement though…

2 Likes

The Wailers Babylon By Bus US Island.
Nuff said

Louis Hayes Group Variety Is The Spice US first press. Some great playing on this!

Oh, and Jimi’s Maui CD set crept in there…not played yet.

3 Likes

Mad Season. Above.

A gift from a great new friend and forum member. The only grunge I ever knew about was Tom Waits and Rickie Lee Jones in the 70’s and 80’s. The 90’s Seattle Grunge is a new vista for me. Evidently this LP is a special treat for Grunge fans because it is like a Supergroup of Seattle Grunge. The average review on Amazon is 5 stars. I am still learning the genre which has been out of my fairway. This sounds great and you will like it if you like the Grunge thing. It is also on Quobuz if you want to check it out first. Many thanks, CB.

1 Like

Is that Babylon By Bus from the new Abbey Rd Half Speed Master series?