What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

My favourite S&TB album. 180g re-issue

Side 2 sounds better than side 1?

8 Likes

Lovely album. I “only” have the original - sounds so good I never chased the remaster.

2 Likes

I have the original CD, first time on vinyl. Nice package with poly inner sleeve, good pressing, nice clean vinyl

3 Likes

I got this today. It’s my fifth Cecil Taylor album from that period. This is the RSD 2019 edition. The Great Paris Concert (also known as Student Studies) from 1966. I do like the other four I have better (Unit Structures and Conquistador on Blue Note; Indent and Silent Tongues on Arista).

2 Likes

Me too. Almost every young female pop vocalist I hear today is influenced by her she was and is a great vocalist whose voice was her instrument.
Those photographers and so called newsmen who hounded her certainly hastened her tragic end and should hang their heads in shame the footage shot of her when she was clearly not well is f******* disgusting.

2 Likes

Bill-Evans-Live-at-Ronnie-Scotts-Cover

2LP set.

8 Likes

Another Bill Evans album I’m going to have to buy!

3 Likes

Not easy to get on vinyl - sold out pretty much instantly when on Black Friday sale. Then eBay for silly prices after that. But it seems jazzmessengers.com still have it

I’m not too fussed about format. Just £17 for the CD from Amazon.

1 Like

Musically it is very good, in fact I think it is the best of the Evans Resonances. The recording is far from audiophile but comes across very well in this vinyl pressing.

2 Likes

Yes, incredibly still in stock at Jazz Messengers !

1 Like

Addictive isn’t he?
You Must Believe In Spring is my go to Evans LP.

1 Like

It’s interesting to compare this Evans trio performance with the ‘Some Other Time’, which was recorded in studio conditions around a month or so earlier. The latter session is more ‘polite’ and of course in superior sound. The Scott’s performance sounds more inspired though, all 3 musicians are on form and sound very relaxed and expansive. Big fan of this one already !

2 Likes

There’s a fantastic documentary on Netflix about Bill.

Otis, mono Stax 1968.
Nina, Acoustic Sounds 2020 reissue.

Both beautiful.

9 Likes

R-3125995-1317070022.jpeg
Not an album I knew well but I bought a 45 RPM pressing (Analog Productions, I believe it was) and I’m thrilled with it. What a brilliant album.

My wife also bought me All Rise, Gregory Porter. Great music but the sound on this album isn’t really up to the normal standard for him given the other albums of his that I have.

1 Like

Ah! Been waiting on the AS Nina Simone’s didnt know they were out yet. Cheers for the prompt
:+1:

2 Likes

You’re welcome, Dread.
Sounds mighty fine to me.

Impressed so far with the three AS I have…

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways, on olive vinyl. Finally got around to ordering this album!

6 Likes