What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Cheers @steviebee I’ve just ordered the two Nina’s, I got the AS Coltrane Ballads but passed on the others to date, I got a decent Speakers Corner Love Supreme, some other good titles including Sarah Vaughan forthcoming though
:+1:

The AS Ballads sounds awesome Dread. Nice package altogether.

2 Likes

Yes, an excellent reissue.

The bundle eventually arrived, fresh from the mailbox… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

Nice, seems only 300 copies!

7 Likes

Just collected these on my way home.
Acoustic Sounds Series Nina Simone, Pastel Blues & I Put A Spell On You.
Thanks to @steviebee for the reminder

:grin:

10 Likes

Btw should anyone be interested I’ve found (when I cant get to a real world record shop) that WH Smith do an excellent and reliable click and collect next day service.
And theres a branch a stones throw from my house, happy days!
:grin:

Good for you, Dread!
I’m thinking of getting Spell too…too good to miss, going by Pastel Blues.

1 Like

Go on son! You know it makes sense! :joy:

1 Like

Only S&TB album I own. ‘Last beat of my Heart’ is a real killer.

Great album, have the original vinyl. Must dig it out.

Just bought a second copy of this sublime Rumer album (This Girl’s in Love) as it had dropped to £13.

It’s now just over £11 on the River (3rd party seller) - snap it up folks. (The Amazon listing has a more 60’s looking cover, this is shown as 2nd or 3rd image).

1 Like

6 Likes

Marvin Gaye - You’re The Man - Tamla Motown (2019)
I meant to buy this when it first came out in 2019 but better late than never,
released all together for the first time Marvin’s shelved 1972 LP You’re The Man.

I MarvinGaye_YoureTheMan

5 Likes

Nina Simone - Pastel Blues
Herbie Hancock Trio
Lou Reed Live at Tully Hall
Lou Reed - Magic & Loss
Lou Reed/John Cale - Songs For Drella
Bowie - Metrobolist
Bruce Springsteen - Letter To You
Joe Jackson - Night & Day
Bevis Frond - Valedictory Songs
Rory Gallagher - At the BBC
Bill Evans - Live at Ronnie Scott’s
Sonny Rollins - Live in Holland

5 Likes

Wow…all at once!?

Jeez, I smuggle em in, 1 to 3 at a time…

Click and Collect is a wonderful thing.

4 Likes

I stagger the delivery dates. I got, umm, say it quietly, ten yesterday and three more turned up today. And I haven’t bought the new record player yet either. Just y’know getting ready.

Today’s:

Aldous Harding - Designer
Kevin Morby - Sundowner
And of course Idiot Prayer

Yesterday I got the new Grant-Lee Phillips album, Doors LA Woman, Van Morrison Moondance, The Beths’ new album, Traveling Wilburys vol 1, a Darkstar 12" single-sided single, Nils Frahm Empty, Massive Attack Protection, Frankie Goes To Hollywood Relax double lp and Kraftwerk Computerworld remaster.

What can I say, Black Friday sales!

9 Likes

I must confess that I listen to instrumental (MOTR) stuff from time to time, it’s a guilty pleasure I allow myself at the end of the day.

Enya, Watermark.

According to Wikipedia, the album was first recorded with a Fostex E16 analog tape machine, but the record company had the whole album recorded again digitally as they judged the analog original had to mush tape hiss. The producer says the digital recording was quieter, but Enya’s voice sounded richer on the analog tape. I wish that the amalog recorded had been used for the LP but I don’t think it’s the case.

EnyaWatermark198853128_f

Claude

7 Likes

Love the intro on those youtube Analogue Planet videos, Michael Fremer mimicking a nagging wife/partner
Fortunately I have a wonderful Queen who values and appreciates buying records. In fact she would think something was wrong if I wasnt bringing records home, so I’m happy to keep her re assured!
Just the first 6 seconds, cracks me up!

:joy:
2 Likes