What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

if you like Garner’s style, his Concert By the Sea is a classic.

He’s also a fine composer who wrote an all time lounge lizard classic ‘Misty’.
He’s one of my favourite piano player but lesser known partially due to his manager refusing to release many of his classic records for years and years. ( till she passed away recently )

2 Likes

My copy is signed too :grin:

I can’t find this album on Tidal. Artist?

jpeg

2x 45rpm LP Ltd Edition

7 Likes

The artist is Cosey Fanni Tutti, formerly of Throbbing Gristle and Chris & Cosey. She’s on Spotify but there isn’t much of her stuff on Tidal.

I downloaded that and managed to rip Spirit of Eden fairly simply. The Colour of Spring was a little more tricky. It showed Title 1 as all 8 main tracks of the album and Title 2 it reported as a runtime of 5:53 so I guessed that was the bonus track but ripping Title 2 gave 8 tracks the first of which was the bonus track but the metadata didn’t identify it as such. But never mind, got there in the end, thanks for the tip.

1 Like

The Specials - Encore. Reduced to £15 on the river.

1 Like

First 1979 UK pressing (Runout etched BH)

7 Likes

@frenchrooster

I discovered and tried Discogs but I was very disappointed with the two Mint and Mint- LP’s I bought. High prices and grade inflation in my opinion. I love the idea of being able to search what I want, but my local shop has better vinyl and I have more leverage face to face than I do with Discogs.

1 Like

LP - c-nut Records 2018 : )

Omara’ the second album from soul jazz trio Blicher Hemmer Gadd featuring legendary drummer Steve Gadd. “A straight to the point good-time set of soul/jazz sparked with shades of R&B and blues that leaves the crowd whooping for more” Modern Drummer Magazine.

A chance encounter and a shared love of a special kind of music led Steve Gadd, known for his collaborations with Paul Simon, Steely Dan, Eric Clapton and Chick Corea amongst others, to join forces with saxophonist Michael Blicher and Hammond organ player Dan Hemmer in 2014.

The band has toured throughout Europe and Scandinavia on two occasions, and ‘Omara’ was recorded live in Germany, England and Denmark during their 2016 tour. The recordings captured the amazing energy from four exceptional late-night shows at some of Europe’s most intimate jazz clubs and Blicher, Hemmer and Gadd swing superbly within the relaxed grooves of this brilliant, enthusiastically received, live set.

The album offers a unique experience to hear one of the world’s most innovative and highly regarded drummers display his talent, playing a type of music he is very passionate about - soul jazz in an organ trio setting. Of the albums nine tracks, the emphasis is on original music by Michael Blicher, supplemented by the blues classic “My Babe” and the spiritual “Elijah Rock”.

Michael Blicher (saxophones), Dan Hemmer (Hammond organ), Steve Gadd (drums)

1 Like

First 1985 UK pressing

10 Likes

Anne Briggs Anne Briggs, the great folk singer’s debut album reissued on 180g gold vinyl
The Mekons, Deserted, the anarcho-punk folk collective’s new album released today, I bought a CD copy as well for ripping. As the vinyl came with a 24/44 download, I’m now wondering which Mekons-loving friend might get a surprise gift.

1 Like

I’ve been after a copy of this for a couple of years now. I’ve listened to a stream of it many times but have high hopes for the vinyl.

6 Likes

A limited edition Record Store Day 2019 release. I called a small record shop in Bexhill yesterday and they said they had 4 copies in. Thought to myself I’ll get there early for their earlier than usual opening at 8am. Got to the shop at 7.30am and there was already a queue of about 50-60 people in front of me. It took me until 9am to get served and thankfully they still had what I was after.
Some folks were going crazy, coming out with bags full of records, some of them must have had 15-20 each. The man in front of me in the queue spent £344! No doubt lots of them will end up on ebay shortly which is sort of against the whole record store day ethos.

3 Likes

My RSD haul, missed out on the other 5 I wanted.

4 Likes

Back where it all started, bought yesterday or record store day. The record that turned me to the dark side :sunglasses:

6 Likes

The only RSD disc I was after this year, the mono Saucer.

5 Likes

I got that one too but mainly because I saw it at the store and it was priced reasonably. Any reason why you wanted that one over the more readily available version?

£6.00 and nearly mint, on minty green vinyl too. Sounds great!

4 Likes

Hi @elverdiblanco - the standard version is stereo, the RSD version is mono. The 1968 mono ASOS is pretty scarce - £500 upwards in good nick - so this is reissue is a good option.