What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Every day is a school day, wasn’t aware of any of that. This is now the only mono record in my collection and it does sound a bit strange on a modern stereo system.

Lucky you! It’s a great album.

1 Like

Tucky Buzzard 5 x LP set

Me too! ; )

1 Like

Magnum Chase the Dragon RSD reissue

3 Likes

elverdiblanco,

Last Saturday I was in my local record shop and they had “It’s My Life” and “The Party’s Over” for sale.

I think “The Colour of Spring”, “Spirit of Eden” and “Laughing Stock” are all fantastic albums, but I never though much of Talk Talk until I heard the song “Life’s What you Make It”.

My query is: is “It’s My Life” worth buying?

Anyway, whilst I was in my record shop, I bought the following:

Imgur

Imgur

The 2nd and 3rd albums were record store day releases.

The Decemberist or the The Cranberries? Which vinyl to buy? Both beautiful …

“The Colour of Spring”, “Spirit of Eden” and “Laughing Stock” are fairly sparse and for want of a better word, experimental, whereas It’s My Life is more of a standard rock/pop album. That doesn’t make it any less of an album, it is just different to the other three mentioned. Have a listen to it on youtube to see if you think it is worth buying. As for the sound quality, it is a good pressing and sounds terrific.

1 Like

I think it’s a sign I have too much vinyl, because I bought Kate Bush boxsets i, ii, iii, iv and Springsteen On Broadway a couple of months ago and have only broken the seal on the first Kate Bush one.

Nice to collect, but the MFSL 45rpm is the one for quality.

Crazy price on Discogs.

And on the Steve Hoffmann forum the superiority of the MFSL 45rpm pressing is not that unanimous

M.

Steve Hoffman forum? You are joking aren’t you?

$50 from Acoustic Sounds is not a crazy price. It’s 2019 you know.

50$ + 25$ for shipping + ***$ for custom charges … crazy

M

Recorded live at the 7th Jazz Festival Münster, West Germany, June 1985.
Festival produced by Asta University of Münster and jazzclub Münster.
© & ℗ 1986, ENJA GmbH
jpeg

• Double Bass –-Jean-Louis-Rassinfosse
  • Guitar – Philip Catherine
  • Trumpet - Chet Baker
    I have a few live LP’s featuring this excellent trio probably the one he played the most with and definitely my favourite
4 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

Not heard that for years. Must get a copy.

1 Like

s-l500

Analogue Productions 2x 45RPM 200g

8 Likes

2 Likes

Recorded in Dallas, TX, on January 13th & 14th, 1985.

5 Likes